A Proper Meeting

The next day Hermione was walking to the great hall to meet Harry and Hermione when her path was blocked by the boy with blonde hair and who smelt like hair gel. "Hey, Granger!" Malfoy exclaimed. "Hey, Draco! I'm sorry but I said I would meet up with my friends and I should be there already," Hermione told him. "I wish you was in Slytherin!" he complained. "Does it really matter what house we are in?" Hermione asked. "It does if my family finds out!" Malfoy declared. "I'm sorry Draco but I have to go," she apologized, "meet me at the library later?" In reply, Draco nodded his head, smiled and walked away. With thoughts of Draco in her head, Hermione quickly walked over to the great hall.
"Hey, Hermione! Where were you?" Harry asked. "I was just talking to some people!" Hermione asked defensively. "Probably Malfoy," Ron thought. Hermione quickly ate two slices of toast, two eggs, two sausages, one hashbrown and three rashes of bacon which she swallowed down with some orange juice and left the room. At the end of breakfast Harry, Ron was shocked at how they hadn't realized how hungry they were but they were equally shocked at how rude their new friend had been. "You saw her right," asked Ron, "she comes in sits with us eats all our food and walks back out!" Harry was so shocked at Hermione he couldn't find the words to answer Ron with so he just nodded.
Meanwhile, Hermione had gone to professor McGonagall's classroom where a few of the first years were waiting for class to begin - including Malfoy's gang. Hermione carefully threw a paper-ball to Malfoy's feet and urged him to go over to him. "What's up?" Malfoy asked as he walked over to her. "I can't wait for the end of the day! Come on let's skip transfiguration and talk, that way we can talk without being caught!" Hermione pleaded. "And here I was thinking you were some goodey-to-shoes!" Malfoy laughed. "Come on before Ron and Harry see us!" Hermione said.
Hermione and Malfoy ran down the corridors and went to the Quidditch stadium as they knew no one would be there. "So you and Potter knew each other before Hogwarts?" Malfoy questioned. "Yeah! Why don't you guys like each other?" Hermione asked, scared Malfoy would be mad at her for asking. "Family stuff," said Malfoy "let's talk about something else." Hermione noticed how he didn't want to talk about his family. She wanted to know why he didn't want to talk about them and she wanted to know what it was that made them so bad but she chose to ignore her curiosity and asked him why he thought Gryffindor was so bad. "My family hate Gryffindor because they're kind of Slytherin's main rival and also because they are always getting in the way of our business!" Malfoy chuckled. "What business?" Hermione asked, not being able to hold in her curiosity. "Come on, we've got potions soon," Draco said ignoring Hermione's question. "Fine! We still on for the library?" Hermione asked. In reply, Malfoy nodded his head before Hermione walked off leaving him to wait for her to go before he left.