i. the pretty cashier

STELLA
CHAPTER ONE
THE PRETTY CASHIER

"THANK YOU, HAVE A GREAT DAY!" Estelle smiled as she handed the white bag with the words 'The Gap' on it, over to her most recent customer

"THANK YOU, HAVE A GREAT DAY!" Estelle smiled as she handed the white bag with the words 'The Gap' on it, over to her most recent customer. There was only fifteen more minutes until her break- she couldn't wait to go and get lunch with Arlo in the food court. Estelle Sullivan was the golden child of Hawkins, Indiana. It was a rare sight to come across someone who wasn't fond of the young girl. Her kindness and compassion for others was incredible. She was the paragon of perfection.

The Sullivan's were a wealthy family- cocky about it? Never. Georgia liked to believe that she taught her son and daughter better than to be rude to others about what they don't have. Georgia Sullivan was immensely proud of her children.

So when the wealthy Sullivan children both got summer jobs at the new Starcourt mall, the citizens of Hawkins were surprised to say the least. Like most children would, Arlo detested his new job. He earned two dollars an hour for slinging ice cream to bratty kids and gross couples. Not to mention, no one his age worked at the parlour- just two teenagers who would constantly bicker with one another.

Estelle's working experience however, was a little more pleasant. She loved her co-workers, patrons of the store adored her and her sweet smile. And not to mention, she earned a dollar more than her older brother.

Unlike most siblings, Arlo and Estelle were the best of friends. They really did love one another and whenever Arlo was upset, Stella was there for him. Whenever Stella needed a shoulder to cry on, you can bet Arlo was the first one there.

Estelle let out a sigh as she ran her hand through her hair, before straightening her spine and standing up straight once more with a smile.

"I just walked past Lucas Sinclair with this year's model and now I want to put a fire out with my face" A familiar voice made Estelle turn around. Tallulah leant against Estelle's register with a huff. "It's bad enough he dumped me on Christmas Day, but now he's with that new girl Max Mayfield! Poor thing, bet she doesn't even know what she's gotten herself into,"

"This year's new model?" Estelle asked her best friend with a smile.

"Yup and I'm not happy about it," Tully crossed her arms. Tallulah Malcolm was a girl who was fuelled by drama, she loved everything about it. The gossiping, the rumours, whispering about others behind their backs- but when it came to her being involved in the drama, she was in her element.

"So I see," Estelle chuckled.

"Let's get out of here, I need some serious retail therapy," Tallulah sighed.

"I can't just leave, I still have fifteen more minutes until my break," Estelle scoffed with amusement. Tallulah had never had a job and she never planned on getting one. 'Marrying rich, that'll do the trick' she would always say. Estelle never doubted her though, Tallulah was always one to set her mind to something and then do it.