ii. the sinner of starcourt

STELLA
CHAPTER TWO
THE SINNER OF STARCOURT

"ARLO CAN YOU PLEASE FIX YOUR COLLAR?" Georgia huffed, watching her son scoff down his cereal, "Grandma will wring your neck if she sees you looking like that-"

Georgia huffed, watching her son scoff down his cereal, "Grandma will wring your neck if she sees you looking like that-"

"In the presence of Jesus Christ, yeah yeah," Arlo rolled his eyes, letting his mother fix his un-tidied shirt, "Still don't get why we have to go to church mom, I don't even believe in all this catholic stuff,"

"Because Arlo," Estelle rolled her eyes, looking herself up and down in the mirror, "We respect other people regardless of their beliefs, right mom?" Estelle looked up at Georgia. The two Sullivan children were always in competition, wanting to be their mother's favourite- but she would always say the same thing 'I love you both equally, no more and no less than the other'.

"Right," She nodded, "Arlo, Grandma Edith only wants to spend time with you both, you know that you dork," She tapped his nose.

"Well can't she spend time with us on Sunday afternoon? I don't like all the prayer stuff Mom" Arlo whined. Arlo had never enjoyed church, but Georgia had always made the twins go- even when they were little. Edith Sullivan was a peculiar character, very strong-willed, never liked children very much. So when she fell pregnant at the age of nineteen, she wasn't over the moon, but nevertheless, she loved Georgia and adored her two grandchildren. Gifts from God himself, she would say.

"Stop whining Arlo, just do it for Grandma" Estelle begged, looking at her twin, "You love Grandma!"

Arlo scoffed, "Grandma's a bitch,"

"Swear!" Estelle pointed at her twin, him knowing that she hated cursing.

"Hey!" Georgia pointed at Arlo, "Watch your mouth or I'll drown you in holy water," She said sternly. Georgia always loved how Estelle never cursed, Arlo, on the other hand, had always been a little more daring than his sister.

"This is pointless," Arlo snatched his tie from the dining room table, beginning to put it around his neck, "Maybe I should just finish the job now?" Arlo rolled his eyes, pulling tight on his tie.

"Arlo!" Estelle gasped.

"That's also a sin," Georgia shot Arlo a playful look which he responded with a smile.

"Holy shit, what isn't?" He exasperated.

"Swear!"

( STELLA, THE SINNER OF STARCOURT )

"On earth, as it is in heaven, amen," Estelle said with the parish. She had made it a goal to try and learn the main prayers that were said in church, her grandma was always impressed with her attitude towards it. Arlo, on the other hand, wasn't kneeling with the rest of the attendees, instead, he was sitting on his seat still with his arms crossed. Estelle opened her eyes and looked up at her twin.