iv. the abomination

STELLA
CHAPTER FOUR
THE ABOMINATION

ESTELLE'S SHIFT WAS EXTREMELY MISERABLE on this particular Thursday

ESTELLE'S SHIFT WAS EXTREMELY MISERABLE on this particular Thursday. She made Mallory miserable just watching her. Estelle's voice wasn't as chirpy when serving customers, store regulars definitely recognized how dejected the young girl was.

"I can't handle looking at your sappy little face anymore," Mallory marched over from her register to Estelle's, "What happened and who do I have to scare enough to make pee their pants?"

Estelle let out a big sigh.

"These two girls who I'm friends with were supposed to meet me two hours ago so we could hang out," Estelle twiddled the pen she was holding.

"Is that why you offered to stay late? Because they didn't show?" Mallory leant against the bench. Her heart sank a tiny amount for the teen, she remembers the days where you would organise to hang out with people and they would cancel at the last minute, or just not show up at all- that's why Mallory has ran by herself for all of these years.

"Yeah," Estelle nodded, "Probably just going to get some ice-cream from scoops and then cry at home," She shrugged.

"Great coping-mechanism kiddo," Mallory offered Estelle two sarcastic thumbs-up, "Why don't you just head on over to one of their houses? Confront them," Mallory advised, "Why are you so insecure when it comes to two girls you met only last week?"

Not two, just the one. Estelle thought to herself, thoughts of Eleven rushed through her head- her heart softly fluttering.

"I don't know," Estelle lied. She totally knew it wasn't that hard to figure out.

"I'm clocking you off," Mallory began to walk back to her register, "Go get your ice-cream and then confront your girls,"

"Are you sure?" Estelle looked around the busy store full of bustling customers.

"Very, go before I fire you," Mallory smirked. Estelle chuckled, reaching for her backpack that was under her register.

"Thanks Mallory," Estelle smiled.

"All good kiddo," Mallory waved her off. She had a soft spot for Estelle Sullivan, then again, everyone had a soft spot for Hawkins' Golden-Child- some more than others.

( STELLA, THE ABOMINATION )

"I'm not helping you," Arlo shook his head, passing his twin a cone filled to the brim with peppermint stick ice-cream.

"Please Arlo, come with me," She begged, "You finish in five minutes! It's not like you have anything else to do today,"

"Rude," Arlo halted in cleaning the bench to shoot his sister a hard look.

"Come on Arlo, just go with her," An unfamiliar voice chirped in. Estelle turned to see a teenage girl with light brown hair and a freckled complexion. Almost as if Arlo was reading her mind, he introduced her to Estelle.