vi. the god-loving gay girl

( just prefacing, angela is steve's girlfriend within my 'sinners of starcourt' series. she has her own book called 'lover boy' which I will probably never republish, rip ange)

STELLA
CHAPTER SIX
THE GOD-LOVING GAY GIRL

STELLACHAPTER SIXTHE GOD-LOVING GAY GIRL

( 4TH OF JULY 9PM, CURRENT TIME )

ARLO WAS BORED OUT OF HIS MIND LISTENING TO MAYOR KLINE. He just wanted to go and buy some cotton candy, maybe hang out with Tallulah's older brothers- he couldn't be out late anyway, he had work tomorrow. Estelle still wasn't back yet, it had been an hour. He didn't even ask Tallulah's brother, Tim, if he could borrow his bike. The seat was a up a little too high for Arlo's liking, but he had an instinct that something was wrong with Estelle. That maybe she had crashed, or been kidnapped?

Arlo silently thanked his mother for all of the years that she forced him to commit to Hawkins Junior Track Team, his legs carrying him across his town with ease. His jacket flapping behind him in the wind.

Starcourt was in sight, sure the lights weren't on and it was hard to see- but he could see it and that's what was the most important part; he was one part closer to seeing Estelle and making sure she was okay.

"You Estelle's brother?" An unfamiliar voice made Arlo jump as he swung his back leg over from the bike. Arlo couldn't pick the voice, but when he turned, he knew the face.

"Holy shit are you okay?! Your leg, it-it's disgusting" Arlo jumped. Behind him was the same group of kids from the other day, Eleven standing at the front of them

"Thanks genius, what're you doing here?" Max spoke up.

"Looking for Estelle," Arlo shrugged, he leant his bike up against the wall of the mall before turning back to the group.

"Where is she?" Mike Wheeler spoke, Arlo recognised him from the 4th grade spelling bee; Arlo beat him out easy, why else would he be in the older grades competition?

"She left the fair half hour ago and she's not back yet," Their apprehensiveness only made Arlo more nervous about his twin's whereabouts.

"Find her," Eleven turned to her group of friends, Max nodded. Suddenly the door to the mall flew open, Arlo turned around with his eyes wide. Eleven's arm was out, blood trickling out of her nose from exhaustion. "Find her now!"

( 4TH OF JULY, 8:43PM )

The mall was dark, scary even. Estelle quickly used her employee code once again so that she could open the shutters to get into the store. Her register was towards the back of the store, a familiar face at her own.

"Mallory?"

She looked up and smiled when she saw Estelle. "Hey kid, what're you doing here?" Estelle walked over to her register and saw Mallory counting the till.