CHAPTER SEVEN

"Her of all people, even Snivellus wouldn't make me this uneasy" Sirius spat silently to James both were sat near the tree at the Black Lake along Remus and Peter as well

"I know—If it was her brother, I think we wouldn't need to panic" James responded leaning his head on the tree trunk.

"Why can't she just stick with her obsession with Magical Creatures? I'd take that any day" Sirius mumbled

"It's not an obsession" Remus spoke up nearly scaring the life out of his mates," It's just a passion"

"Wow" James deadpanned," Moony since when did you speak up for her?"

He rolled his eyes lifting his book back to his face," She is annoying yes, but I admire the way she already knows what she wants to do after we graduate"

"We have two more years" Sirius whined," She's been doing that since the beginning"

"She's extremely passionate about it?" Peter said in more of a question making Remus fight the urge to smile. He personally found himself overworked around her, and now with her possibly knowing what he was worried him.

It confused him but then he realized that despite his complaints he actually found her company very comforting. She said what she needed and never held back, and her bluntness made him find it slightly attractive.

The one thing he also really enjoyed is just how protective she became whenever her brother was involved despite him being much bigger than her. It was how most of her confrontations began before a duel started.

Someone would say something horrible about her twin and not even caring what they said about her. It was the same in classes that he had her for, people said some pretty awful things about her being a know it all, but then if one small comment was said about Ezekiel she'd throw a fit.

So despite the current sticky situation, he just did not care if it meant spending time with her.

"We just have her to worry about now—Since Snape gave up, we have another person on our backs to watch out for" James let out a sigh," I just want to spend time with Tabitha"

"Yes yes" Sirius pat his shoulder," We all know how much you want to be with her" He teased making James swat his hand away.

Remus stood up making the guys look at him," I have to go, it's almost time for me to meet up with Evans and the twins"

"Wait" James shot up," That's today?" Remus nodded putting his book in his bag

"Why didn't you reschedule?" Sirius said

"Because we already rescheduled, and I already feel bad enough of taking Evans' free time" Remus stated

"I get that, but with everything that happened..." James said slowly

"That's the thing, it happened between you three, not me or even Peter" He admitted," The twins really need our help, and you know I can't just leave them stranded"

"Even if—" Remus cut off Sirius," Even if she's someone we need to be careful with. If I start acting like you both, then she'll catch on about me"

"He's got a point," Peter said from the ground he was still sitting on. Sirius and James both sighed in defeat as they watch Remus walk away.

After a moment Sirius grinned and folded his arms," Well, that doesn't mean we need to act normal" James looked at him and smiled," I was itching to do something"

Peter just sighed at them apologizing to Remus silently knowing where this was going.