Chapter 3

I coughed violently as the salty water forced its way out of my mouth. I collapsed tiredly on the leaves when I felt my body getting lighter until I was above the ground.

'Oh no. Had I died for real?'

My fears were put to rest when I felt my body scrape the fabric of someone's clothes.

"Why did you save me?" I asked weakly as the 'Fed' carried me out of the forest. He did not reply as he continued walking.

I should have felt embarrassed that he was carrying me while I still had no clothes on, but right now, the only thing I cared about was the fact that I had not died in the river.

He put me in the back of a heavily tinted car.

"Are you taking me to a hospital."

Again he did not reply as he drove. I was surprised I wasn't freaking out, it was probably because I was mentally and physically drained.

He carried me back to the same warehouse I recently escaped from. The hooded man was still sitting on the same seat as before.

"I knew you would come back, but I didn't expect it to be this soon and dramatic!" the hooded man said mockingly as the 'Fed' dropped me on the chair.

I looked at the hooded man weakly.

"You said you can make me immortal."

He nodded slowly.

"Then I accept your opportunity,"

I expected him to whoop with joy and thank me profusely, but all he did was a laugh.

"Don't worry, I have found another person who is willing and happy to do it. So you are free to go."

'Wait what?'

"But you kidnapped me. And you-you..."

"I-I... Oh please, I don't want you anymore, you can die on the streets for all I care. Marco will take your place."

At that moment a tall dark man who had the build of a Sumo wrestler walked into the room.

"But if I go out I will die! I don't know what curse you people have placed on me but you had better break it or else I will report you to the police."

I heard the 'Fed' mutter "If you can get there before you die..."

"What did you say," I said angrily as I stood up and approached him.

"I shall give you another opportunity, but only if you stop showing your junk and put some clothes on." the hooded man said probably looking at me with disgust while Marco giggled out of character.

The 'Fed' threw me some clothes which I hastily put on.

"Now that's better," the man remarked. "But I have another condition. You see, I have promised Marco the opportunity and I cannot just take it away, that would be unfair. So like civilized men solve their problems, you should both fight for it."

What the hell was wrong with this guy? "Like hell I'm fighting this oversized truck. I would die!"

Marco did not like my insults as his dark eyes darkened even more with anger.

"Yes master that is a splendid idea!" the 'Fed' said jumping with glee. I got the feeling he didn't like me very much.

"Please tell me there is another way," I pleaded as Marco approached me.

"No," the man said happily. "You may begin."

Marco charged angrily like a bull as I moved out of the way at the nick of time.

The hooded man and the 'Fed' cheered like maniacs as Marco chased me around the warehouse.

Sadly, our game of cat and mouse was short-lived as Marco pounced on me hard.

"Aggh. Get off me you stupid building!" I shouted but no one listened as the hooded man stood up and circled us.

"Truly pathetic," he remarked as he shook his head in disdain. "Marco get off him and let him leave."

Marco reluctantly got up and stood beside the hooded man.

"But-but I can't leave. I just can't, I-I would die..." I said shaking my head as I laid on the ground.

The hooded man laughed again
"So now you regret your decision?"

"Yes," I replied weakly.

"And you regret being rude to me?"

"Yes, I am very sorry. I acted like a fool. An absolute fool. Please accept my apology."

It physically hurt me to say those words but I could feel his resolve crack with every self-demeaning insult I uttered.

"Hmm, even though Marco has won fair and square, I still want to give you the opportunity."

"What!" Marco and the 'Fed' shouted.

I couldn't help but smile at their shocked faces. I knew butt-kissing him would work. It always worked. That was how I built my company in the first place. As an orphan with no money, all I could do was butt kiss myself up the social ladder. It was sad but true and now my butt kissing skills prevailed once more.

"Fed, take Marco to the entertainment room..."

The 'Fed' nodded sadly as he tried to drag an unwilling Marco.

"But master I won as you said, so why?" Marco asked as he turned to the hooded man.

The hooded man sighed in irritation as he stepped closer to Marco.

"You know better than to argue Marco so I suggest you do exactly as I said before... Well, you know what."

With fear in his eyes, Marco stepped back and allowed the 'Fed' to take him away.

I was surprised that Marco did not fight him off when he could easily have done so. And I was genuinely interested in what the 'entertainment room' was or what was worse that made Marco scared.

My thoughts were interrupted by the voice of the hooded man.
"Now that he is taken care off, we can begin."

****
Authors note;
Hiiii! I love that you are reading my book. You deserve a heart💖 and maybe a cat😸

So what are your thoughts on what would happen to Mr. Smith? I would really love to know....