Chapter 7

I opened my mouth in awe. The grim reapers house? I didn't buy it.

"How? Is the grim reaper even real..." I asked.

I had always thought the tale of the grim reaper was just a bunch of baloney people told each other when they were surprised at someone's death, they decided to conjure a being that apparently took peoples lives when it was their time or in some cases when it was not...

Scotty actually laughed at my question. It was then I noticed he had a horrible laugh. It sounded very nasally and high pitched like a girl with a bad case of the flu. As he noticed the look I gave him, he stopped laughing and shook his head at me.

"Of course the grim reaper exists! And not only that, we are very good friends," he said proudly.

I heard the 'Fed' cough a little and Marco clear his throat. My lips twitched into a smile as I also felt like laughing. I guess I wasn't the only one who thought Scotty was lying.

Scotty hit the back of the 'Fed's seat. "Keep driving you idiot and you," he said pointing at Marco. "Don't make me regret bringing you along or else you are going back to the 'entertainment room' got it?"

They both nodded with fear and kept quiet. Sometimes I was quite impressed at how he controlled them. I guess they were somewhat like his employees. People would do almost anything for money, they would obey anyone even a dog if it was handing out free money.

"Where was I again... Agh yes, the grim reaper and I are like brothers, you'd see," he said trying to sell me his bullshit.

I simply nodded not to upset him and turned my head back to the scenery that had now changed to a woody area. I closed my eyes as I began to feel sleepy.

                         ✴✴✴

"Wake up Danny boy," a voice pulled me out of my dream of a mutated evil cat that was trying to kill me. Even in my weirdest of dreams, I could not escape death.

I opened my eyes to Scotty's bespectacled face.

"Are we at the grim reapers house?" I asked as I rose my right hand and tried to rub my eyes when it dawned on me that it was missing. I hated waking up to that fact.

"No, it is late and so we are going to rest at a hotel,"

I was more alert now as I saw the big building in front of me. I was expecting them to stop at a small bed and breakfast and not an actual hotel.

I couldn't say I was pleasantly surprised. Ever since I lost my hand, my self-esteem plummeted. I had not been in a large crowd recently so I was very anxious.

"Why here? When they see you, they might think you are a thief. No offense," I said as I tried to change his mind. Not mainly for his sake, but for mine.

"Don't worry boy, I shall pay them handsomely to keep quiet and mind their business. Also, this is the only hotel for miles so we have no choice."

I gritted my teeth with annoyance. "Okay then, do you have a coat?" I asked as I looked around. By now I was out of the car and facing the big building.

"Yes but I don't know why you would want one. It's not that cold,"

I pointed to my missing hand as his face dawned with understanding.

"Oh yes, Fed get Danny boy a coat,"

The 'Fed' nodded as he retrieved a coat from one of the boxes we packed.

I put it on and tugged the sleeves down. "Thanks," I said to both the 'Fed' and Scotty.

We all walked into the big spacious hotel that was very elegantly decorated with expensive-looking antique pieces and golden statues. The walls were painted golden and the floor was a polished marble that you could easily see your reflection if you looked down. The space was filled with an air only five-star hotels had and the sounds of expensive shoes clicked on the floor as people and staff moved around, most of them being business men and women who had phones in their hands all talking differently but yet simultaneously in that nostalgic five-star hotel manner.

I had learned what the air felt like when I went to a five-star hotel for an investment opportunity when I could still work...

"It's magnificent isn't it," Scotty said as we walked to the reception area. The 'Fed' and Marco nodded in agreement as they looked around the large glamorous space while dragging our boxes. I was guessing they had not been to a five-star hotel.

"Give us a room!" Scotty demanded as he startled the poor receptionists by placing a large wad of cash on her desk. I was slightly scared as to where he got all that money from.

"Uh, alright sir, do you want a shared room or a separate room?" She asked Scotty as she typed on the keyboard of the computer placed on her desk.

"Separate obviously! Does it look like we want to sleep together?" Scotty shouted at the poor woman.

"N-no I'm sorry, I'd get you all separate rooms. Do you want the deluxe suites or regular suites?"

"Nothing but the best!" Scotty shouted at her again.

She nodded furiously as she typed something on the computer again. "Here are the cards to your rooms, have a good day," she said as she nervously handed Scotty some cards that he passed to us.

"Come along then boys, our suites await!"

***
Authors note;
Double updates in a day because I love you! (whoever is reading this)
I am also doing double updates because I am not sure when I would do my next update. I am traveling to see other universities so I would be very busy, wish me luck!

How fancy, our boys are at a five-star hotel. Do any of you know what a five-star hotel air feels like? Does it feel amazing... What do you think would happy at the hotel. Nothing good I presume...

Tell me all your thoughts!