Chapter 5

"What did you do with that boy?"
I asked Scotty.

He ignored me and began to walk around the room.

"I said what did you do to that boy? Answer me!"

"Relax Danny boy, no need to shout."

"No need to shout? It looks like you just killed someone!" I shouted out as I struggled against the straps.

"Remove these stupid things from my body!" I demanded but Scotty did not move an inch.

"I said remove-"

"I know what you said you fool! Don't you dare command me, I command you!" Scotty shouted like a feral animal as he held me by the neck.

"Let go of me," I try to say, but my words came out muffled as he tightened his hold.

My breathing became irregular as I could feel my throat clog up and beg for air.

"Please," I begged as a last resort.

Finally, he released his hold on my neck. "That's better, now would you calm down,"

I nodded tiredly as my throat hurt.

"Good," Scotty remarked as he stepped away from me.

"You said you wanted to attain immortality, did you really think it would be all ponies and butterflies. No, my boy, it is not. To attain immortality you have to... Shall I say, make an exchange with destiny."

My brows rose with confusion as I urged him to go on.

He seemed pleased with my inquisitiveness as he continued.

"It is like the rule of life and death. When one thing dies, another lives. To get what you want, you need to know how to play the game of life. We have spent many years looking for a loophole in humanity. A loophole where we can manipulate the forces of life and death!" he said with enthusiasm.

"But how? Why? What?" I wheezed out as my throat was still buzzing from his attack. What he was saying did not sound real.

"I offered you the chance of a lifetime. How did you think I was going to make you immortal?"

"I don't know, I was just really desperate and confused. At most, I thought you were going pull some Frankenstein stunt, fail, then let me go. Right now the only stage left is the last one, so please let me go," I begged Scotty as I thrashed against the restraints.

"So you don't want to hear how it is possible,"

I stopped thrashing around as I was still intrigued by his beautiful nonsense.

"So how do you use this loophole to attain immortality?" I asked him.

He smiled pleasantly. "Danny my boy, have you ever heard of soul snatching?"

"Isn't that the dark magic of stealing peoples souls," I said wishing I had read more on the supernatural as Scotty seemed pleased at my ignorance.

"Something like that Danny, but in this case, we swap aura,"

"What does this aura mean?" I asked again secretly hating myself for feeding his ego by egging him on.

"Aura is what we call your life span,"

"Huh?" I replied in confusion. "I mean I'm not endowed in the supernatural but I know aura has a different meaning from life span. If you want to say life span, say life span."

Scotty tsked at me as he sat down on the bed next to me.

"It's different actually, the life span of a human let's say is fifty years. When you take the aura of a ten-year-old child and add it to yours after you have lived for thirty, you have an additional thirty-year life span added. Simple maths really. But there's a twist. You see the aura must be able to match. Even if you have a human whose life span is a hundred years, and add it to yours, it won't work. Aura is key. There was a woman; Elizabeth Báthory, who practiced the dark magic of sacrificing peoples mana to add to hers. Therefore taking their life span to make her forever young. Using and intensifying this principle, we have tried to manipulate peoples auras."

"So how do you know if the aura would match?" I asked as I tried to wrap my head around the information I was receiving.

"I was getting there," he grunted. "The thing is, we don't know. We have spent years trying to match auras but they have been futile. The matching of the aura is very random, you'd be lucky to actually find someone's aura that matches with yours,"

"So when you were talking you said we. Are there more of you?" I asked Scotty.

"Oh, Danny boy that is a story for another day,"

"Okay then, what about the boy, is he okay?" I asked when I remembered the boy the 'Fed' carried away.

"Yes, that's the major problem. You see, matching auras is very dangerous especially to the donor. If their aura doesn't match the recipient, then the donor will die."

****
Authors note;
What up my lovely readers!
Sorry for the late update. I have been sooooo freaking busy! Please keep on reading and don't forget to vote and comment. I would love to see what you think about all this aura madness! Yeesh, what if my aura or yours was taken. Hmmm

Remember, If you ever spot any mistakes don't hesitate to tell me (nicely) so that I can fix it with immediate effect.

Hold your aura tight so that Scotty won't steal it! I love you all!!