Mystic Falls

The doors swung open of the mystic grill, a tall raven-haired girl walked in. She headed towards the bar with long strides. She finds an empty spot along the busy stretch of the bar. While waiting for the bartender, she taps her long-manicured nails along the smooth wood. The dark-haired man next to her bumps into her. She scoffs as she pulls away from the sudden touch.

"Excuse me," She remarks, rolling her eyes at the man who turns towards her. He was handsome, yet something about him made her feel uneasy. He smirked at her looking her up and down. What a pig, she thought to send him death glares.

"I'm sorry miss, Damon Salvatore and it is wonderful to meet a beauty like you," he murmurs, she then realized why she felt uneasy, he was a Salvatore. Damon and his brother were known throughout the supernatural world. Lost in her own thoughts, she didn't even notice that the bartender was right in front of her.

"Yes sorry, can I have a glass of red wine please?" She said with a smile as the bartender walked away.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I've ever seen you around. Why's that?" Damon pressed her, she smiled as her glass of wine was placed in front of her. Ignoring the questions that he was asking her, however, she could still feel his eyes looking her up and down. She couldn't wait for Elena to get here fast enough. She looked down at her phone to see if she had received any texts. Damon cleared his throat and she looked up at him.

"Oh sorry, were you talking to me?" she said in a sarcastic voice, grabbing her glass of wine and heading towards an empty booth. Damon couldn't help but feel an attraction to this beautiful woman. Her olive skin, green eyes, and long raven hair were almost calling to him. He hadn't felt this way about a girl since Kathrine. Even though she didn't look like her, she sure did have an attitude like her. She walked like she owned the room. Damon was about to follow her towards the booth, but Elena walked in. He stopped in his tracks, watching what she was doing. Elena looks towards the mystery girl and smiles, heading towards her booth. Damon decided to listen in on the conversation and find out just a little bit more about her. Elena approached the booth with a smile sliding in next to her.

"I haven't seen you since the funeral," Elena said throwing her arms over the girl. Bringing her into a tight hug, it had felt like ages since they had seen each other. "How have you been Ray?" She scoffed, Raven hadn't heard that nickname since she was a kid. Everyone usually just called her by her full name. However, she also knew Elena was deflecting from what was really going on. All of their family's secrets, and all the things that were hidden from them as kids. Raven rolled her eyes at Elena.

"First of all, remember I am still older than you Lay," Raven said bumping into Elena "Secondly, we are not here to talk about me. We are here to talk about you and how to protect you." Raven said with a sterner voice. Elena looked down feeling guilty, she couldn't really turn to Jeremy or Jenna with all the supernatural things going on. She had called Raven one day to catch up, and boy did they catch up.

"I know Raven, but how can you help in all of this. So much is going on and I just don't know what to do anymore." Elena sighed looking down at her hands. Raven put her arm around her shoulders, but before she began to speak she looked up. She made eye contact with Damon, and she quickly took her arm away from Elena. She dipped her finger into her red wine and started to circle the glass. She started to lowly chant some Latin words. Then suddenly, Damon couldn't hear a word she was saying. He couldn't make out any conversation, except the ones next to him. Raven smiled at him and turned towards Elena.

"Sorry, just had to stop ears from listening in," She said with a smile as Elena looked at her with confusion.

"So, you're a witch-like Bonnie?" Elena asked looking at her cousin, wondering if that was a part of the reason for her being a doppelganger.

"Well, not exactly. I am many things, a witching being one of them. However, I can tell you I am not like a Bennett. There really isn't another witch like me out there." Raven said, "Now miss doppelganger, explain to me everything you know."

Elena went into detail, telling Raven about Stefan and Damon. Telling her about Kathrine, her being adopted. She let her know that Bonnie was a witch, Tyler was a werewolf and Caroline was a vampire. She went on about all the things that happened to them in the past year, about how terrible Damon could be, and about how much she loved Stefan. Lastly, she talked about someone being after her to break a curse. She talked about being kidnapped by Elijah, the original. Elena then found out that Klaus was the one after her for the curse. Damon sat at the bar watching the two girls, wondering in apprehension about who this beauty named Raven was, or even what she really was. He couldn't take it anymore and go over to the booth they were sitting at. Damon came up to the table and cleared his throat. The girls looking up at him.

"Elena, why haven't you introduced me to this beautiful girl before?" He asked with a smile, Raven rolled her eyes at him.

"Damon, this is my cousin Raven," Elena said with a smile, Raven look at Damon giving him a fake smile.

"Is that Raven Gilbert?" Damon asked, trying to press more about her.

"Actually, It's Jackson my father's name. However, yes, I am related to the Gilbert side," she says smiling at Elena, earning a wide smile back. Damon looked back and forth between the girls, a stern look on his face.

"Elena, can I talk to you privately?" He asks, earning a scoff from Raven. She never really cared for vampires, they were always so entitled. She wasn't like a normal witch, she didn't use the magic that they did, so she wasn't forced to hate vampires. However, it didn't mean she had to like them either. Raven was so lost in her own thought that she didn't even notice Elena and Damon in an argument.

"Damon, Raven is my cousin and she is here to help?" Elena pleaded with him.

"How does she know what's going on, and how can she even help us, Elena. What is she gonna do, seduce them to death!"  Damon said throwing his hands up in the air. 

"Excuse me, I am unlike any other supernatural creature you have ever nor ever will meet," Raven taunts 

"Prove it!" Damon demands, trying to compel her. Raven leans in towards him.

"How about you sit down and shut the hell up for a minute," Raven sternly said, Elena, looked down knowing that Damon was about to blow up. Except it never came, there was silence at the booth. Elena looked up to see Damon seated next to her and quiet. Raven had a victory smile on her face, just like when they were kids and she won a game.

"Now have you ever seen something like that before?" Raven boasted. However, Elena had never seen someone compel a vampire before. Elena felt a surge of excitement and fear all at the same time.  Damon looked like he wanted to say something but he couldn't. He physically could not get the words to come out. He hadn't felt vulnerable in a long time. Raven took away his ability to listen in on conversations and his ability to talk. He really hadn't ever met someone this powerful. He was fearful and attracted to her all at the same time. He watches as she talked to Elena, her delicious ruby lips and her beaming green eyes. He finally made eye contact with her.

"Oh yeah," She said realizing he was still there, she looked down at her glass of wine. In a low voice she started to chant words, words Damon couldn't understand. There was a sudden chill that fell across the room, and suddenly Damon felt something almost return to him.

"What the hell are you?" Damon asked looking straight at her.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she remarked looking at Elena, "Alright we should have a meeting with everyone, come up with a plan," Raven said standing up. Elena followed her, leaving Damon sitting there, wondering what all just happened.