The Lights

You once dreamt a marriage but not this kind of marriage, not with someone who you had never love or know. You held your head hight, gathering all your encourage. There, stood a man beside you who is going to be the husband of your life.

As soon as the vows finished, you both faced each other. You observed his face and he was calm, no sign of nervous in his eyes. He moved forward for a kiss but you turned away and kissed your cheek instead.

You managed to whispered something to him.

"Don't you dare to kiss me."

You despised men, every single on of them. In those times, you just had enough with men. To you, living alone without men is your choice and you managed. Without men for all these years and your mother worried about you. She told you to get yourself a husband but you refused. Saying that being alone was good.

So good that you could live in a deserted island alone.

Those time were hard for you. You brokedown alone with no one by your side but your mother. The moment that you realized everything was a lie, you build yourself a wall. The barrier for you with men because you just don't want to associate with them anymore. By doing that, you feel so free.

At the moment, all you care was only yourself.

You woke up by the sound and nice smells from the kitchen. You know who was making those in the kitchen. Slowly, getting off from your bed and made your way to the bathroom, getting ready for work.

As soon as you stepped on the dining room, you smell the scent of coffee and you liked it. You made your way to the kitchen and found your husband was there, brewing coffee while cooking breakfast, as usual.

He turned around and saw you standing at the entrance. "Oh!", was the only thing he said first. "Good morning.", he smiled, revealing his adorable eye smile.

"Morning.", you replied and took a glass from the cabinet before making your way to the fridge.

"Breakfast?"

"No. Thank you.", you said as you grabbed some juice. "I'm late.", you added and washed the used glassed.

You always said that every single day, hoping that your husband got the hint that you don't want to be with him. Either he's too stupid to realize the hint or he ignored the hint that you had gave him.

His attitude made you asking yourself, when will he get tired with all of these things happening between them.

"Oh.", he paused. "Okay then.", he said as his eyes followed your movement. Althought you can't see it but you could feel his gaze were on you. You walked out from the kitchen and went straight to the door. Before you could close the door, you heard a faint voice from kitchen.

"Be careful.", it was your husband.

"How about giving your husband a chance?", your friend said as she feed herself salad. You looked up and rolled your eyes, taking a sip of your latte.

For the umpteenth time, you sighed. You had lost count.

She had been always dropping the same topic each time both of you meet for a meal or hangout on weekend. She never failed to annoy you with the marriage issue and asking about your husband.

"You know the answer, Moonbyul.", you looked down.

Moonbyul put down her fork and picked her fingers infront of you. "Not all men are the same. You're on your denial stage, babe.", she said and continue to eat her salad.

"Which part of men that are not the same, Byul?", you sounds pissed but trying to keep your cool. "You've seen what I had been through! How could you?", you hissed.