Silent Voice

*TRIGGER WARNING: The following content is talking about depression and suicide. Please read with caution.

Everything seems slow as soon as she stepped her foot inside the school ground. She look around as everyone was giving her nasty look and talking about her. Most of them were the unpleasant one. She told herself to be stronga as she keep walking to her class. Her heart keep pumping. Feeling nervous about what would happen to her today or what would they do for her today. The anxiety keeps on coming.

"Murderer!", someone yelled as they throwing something on her and one of it happen to be an egg.

"She's a murderer!", another girl shouted as she pushed her. She pushed her so hard and she fell on the floor. The crowd surrounded her and kicked her on anywhere their feet can reach.

"You murderer!"

She could not say anything. All she can do right now is closed her eyes, take the hit and pray this will ended soon. Looking up is the most scariest thing for her now. After the beating, the cursed has ended, she slowly stood up walked as fast as she could until she bumped onto someone. Slowly, she looked up and saw him.

"Hyunwoo...", her voice was low but he heard her. For the first time, she saw his serious face. His eyes were dead and he was gloomy. Hyunwoo was about to walk away when she grabbed his hand.

The Hyunwoo that she knew was not like this. He has the most gentle and sweet smile that she had ever seen in her life. He has his own signature of eyesmile and when his cute little bunny teeth flashes everytime he laughed but the Hyunwoo in front of her now is not the same Hyunwoo she used to know. This Hyunwoo seems to be a different person.

"Take your filthy hand away from me.", he said with his deep voice.

"You...", she paused. "Believe them?". Honestly, she wished that Hyunwoo would always sticked by her side, always had her back whatever happens because he was the only friend he has after Changkyun and Sojung.

Hyunwoo ignored her question and pulled his hand away, harshly which made she moved a bit. She lived just right in front of his apartment. They usually went home together and bit each other a goodbye before entering their home. This time, no more.

"What can I do to make you believe me? To trust me?", she said. She walked behind him, slowly.

Hyunwoo said nothing.

Days, weeks has passed but the rumour about her being a killer is not going down anytime soon. Her classroom suffocates her, she could not breathe. She stepped out to get some air. In a blink, she was wet from head to toe. Some students dropped a pile of water above her as she made her way out from her department building. She sighed and thought that she had to deal with it by acting strong.

Crowds in school scared her more than cars on the road now. Everywhere she goes, the crowd cheered when something being thrown at her. Again, the least she could do is to be strong. Being in the school with these devil in disguise scared her more than the ghost in the tale.

She handled everything calmly until she was harassed by a group of male student. They were Shownu's classmates but Hyunwoo weren't there. She gathered all her might and beat them up before running to the rooftop.

Her memories of Hyunwoo being her hero appeared in her mind. Hyunwoo was there when she was bullied. Hyunwoo was there when she needs help. Hyunwoo was there when she is in danger. Hyunwoo was always by her side but he will no longer be by her side because that is what he had decided.

"She's going to jump off!", someone from his class screamed. Hyunwoo decided not to pay attention on it.

"The murder is going to kill herself!", someone shouted and everyone ran out from the classroom. Hyunwoo turned his head to the window and saw her standing at the edge of rooftop.

"What the fuck is this idiot has been thinking?!", he hissed before running out from his classroom too.

Changkyun saw that everyone was running out from his late sister class but he had no idea what was going on. It has been a hard time for him. To come to school, where he went with his sister everyday. To come back again after his sister died is definitely is giving him a hard time. Plus, to see the murderer of her sister everyday in his class.

"Sojung, what am I going to do...", he whispered as he slowly walk away, following the crowd.

"What are you doing? Come here!", Hyunwoo shouted at her but she gave him a dead look. She stood at the edge of the rooftop with her swollen eyes.

"Leave me alone.", she said. It was almost like a whispering.

"Get back here! Don't stand there! It's dangerous.", Hyunwoo said as he was trying to get closer to her.

Changkyun who was just arrived at the scene were shocked to see her standing at the edge of rooftop. He walked to front while giving her a glare. "You dare to threat everyone here to kill yourself, just to prove that you didn't kill my sister or just to make them leave her alone.

"I'm not a murderer...", she said, but no one listen.

"Bullshit.", Changkyun said as he looked away. It was a pain just to look at her.

"I'm tired.", she laughed. It wasn't a happy laughed, it's a sad one.

"You know what's funny?", she paused as she looked at every single person who was there with her right in the moment. "Death is not painful but life is."

"You kill yourself after you kill my sister? What an easy life you have there.", Changkyun snapped again. He balled his fist, trying to hold his emotion and trying to control his anger.

"How many times do I have to shout that 'I am not a fucking murder!'?", she shouted. "Why are you devils doing this to me and yet you are calling me a murderer!"

"Bullshit!", Changkyun raised his voice. "Then why your contact number was the last one she reach and why do you send a text that you want to meet her in an abandon warehouse?!", Changkyun was about to lauch at her but Hyunwoo hold him, trying to not make the situation bad when it already is.

Hyunwoo had a bad feeling but he walked slowly towards the edge. "Stop.", she said and Hyunwoo stopped.

"Hey...just get down here. Come on. It's dangerous over there.", Shownu called for her again.

"Why? Are you scared to be call murderer too?", she asked, amused. "I'm just a human being. I am a human too. I have feelings. I'm sad when she died but I did not murder her. I feel scared everytime I stepped my foot on this ground.", more tears rolled down her cheek. No one says a thing, not a single soul dare to speak.

"I don't know who kill her but today, you know who kill me. I'm going to turn you devils into a murderer like me." She turned away from everyone and was about to jump but Shownu react faster to catch her. Unfortunately, he could only grabbed her hand to prevent her from falling.

Changkyun was shocked when she jumped off from the rooftop but he managed to pull himself together. Thank goodness Hyunwoo acted faster than him. He quickly run towards the edges to help Hyunwoo. As the two of them tried to pull her up again, she keep struggling to get free from both grips. However, she only managed to remove Changkyun's grip on her but not Hyunwoo.

"Why are doing this? Let me go!", she screamed as she tried to lose the grip.

"Hey what are you looking at? Help me to pull her up!", Shownu shouted to his classmates.

"Hyunwoo, can you hear my silent voice?", she called for him. "I didn't kill her and I'm not a murderer." She forced to lose his grip on her again and this time she succeed which ended a loud thump and a pool of blood on the ground.