By Your Side

OC's POV

"Guys, come on. We need to practice! The competition is just around the corner.", Shownu said. I stood up, not saying anything and then proceed to gather and practice. I was told that I did not try enough every time I messed up choreography and the blocking. No matter how hard I tried, I keep messing up and the pressure is building up.

"What are you doing?", he asked. I lowered my head down and muttered an apologise. Think that he would let it go is definitely wrong because he did not. Probably because the competition is around the corner and he was pressured because I keep messing things up. I did not talk back to him, not making some rude remarks. I just took it all in and because I respect him as a leader.

"If you think this competition is some kid play to you, you are wrong. Even if it is a kid play, it is still very important to some people—people like me.", he stood in front of me and gave me a solid fifteen minutes of lectures. "And now get your shit back together and do it properly. You just waste our precious fifteen minutes of practicing.", Shownu turned around and ordered to proceed on practicing.

Today is the day. Everyone was nervous and we were waiting for our turn. I don't want to mess things up so I keep practicing alone without them knowing. I have been lost in track of time while practicing alone and someone actually have to look out for me and I received another scold.

"Look, just for today can you please not fuck things up?!", Shownu raised his voice and this is the first time. No one says anything but I did not expect anyone to back me up when I am the one who is at fault. "If you can't make it easy for us, please don't be burden to us.", he added. Again, I muttered an apologise.

Our turn will be in a few minutes and we were at the back stage, standby for our turn. When the other team finished their performance, it is our turn. Gulping. I went out to the stage. The tense, the pressure—I could feel it all.

A fifteen minutes of performances did take my breathe away but I was considering backing out from the team after the performance because I don't want to be their burden.

I stood there, behind the curtains at the backstage. They seems like not even realised that I was not there. They were going to announce the winner and I was hopping that we could win. I am not asking much, just a winning for my team, our team. Because Shownu said this competition is important to him.

"And the winner is...", the long paused really making everyone anxious. "Starship Crew!!!". the MC said and I was so happy for them, for our team. I was about to run to them for a group hug but it seems like they do not need me there. Watching them for the last time before walking away.

"Let me make things easier for you."

Shownu's POV

That was the last day I was in contact with her. Though we won but she was left out from the group photo. I only realised soon after the photo was released. I said harsh things and some rude remarks on her and did not even get to apologise to her event once.

It has been a few months since the competition and I never knew she would never comeback.

Now that I came to realise, she never really socialise a lot with us. I mean, she did come with us for meal but we never really had some fun time with her.

"Are you still thinking about her?", one of our crew came to me and I nodded. She sighed before sitting beside me. "Look, I am not suppose to say this—no shit, I am forbidden to say this.", she gave me a look before spilling out.

"I lived near her.", she said and that got me caught of guard. "I know I should say this sooner but—she won't let me bring this issue up.", she sighed.

"If you are to ask if she okay, I'd say no.", she paused. "She got injured on her knee and ankle during the practice, that is why she keep messing up. She even forced herself to dance her heart out for you because it was important you."

"The doctor advised her to stop dancing, that's why she back out after the competition. If she back out at that moment we will have to change it all over again and we did not have time for that and she just had to endure it.", it made me speechless. No wonder she look so out of focus every time she was practicing.

"I know you will be asking where does she live.", she pulled out a small piece of paper and hand it to me. I took it. "Also, you did make her feel horrible.", she said before walking away.

I stared at the piece of paper she handed to me.

TP's POV

Shownu arrived to the place that was stated on the paper but he highly doubt that it was the right place, however he did not leave. The place is kind of shady which he does not favour at all. He walked upstairs and find the house number that was written on the paper.

When he found it he did not knock the door. He does not know what to do or how does he face her. He does not know the real reason why he came. Was it because he just need to apologise to her or was it because he felt guilty? Maybe there is another feeling that he does not know.

After a few minutes he finally gathered his courage and nervously knock the door.

"Wait a minute.", the voice behind the door said. A few seconds later, the person opened the door and was shocked to know who is her guest.

"What...are...you...?", she was confused.

"Can I come in?", he asked and she nods before inviting him in.

Shownu sat down on her couch and looked around while she was in the kitchen prepare something to drink for him. "Sorry for asking, why are you here? How did you know I lived here?", she asked as he put a glass of juice on the coffee table.

"I—", he paused. He, himself does not know exactly why he was here.

"Why did you left without my permission back then?", he asked and mentally knocked himself for asking that question. She went silent, not knowing what to say to him and also she felt like it was unnecessary to tell him.

"Are you going silent again? If yes, I'm not having it.". he demand for an explanation from herself at least.

"Why do you need to know?", she was confused. He never asked anything like this before but why know?

"Because I'm not an asshole.", he sighed. "I want you to tell me what happen to you and why did you leave like that?"

She was silent again but slowly building up her courage to speak.

"Because I don't want to burden the team and you. I don't want anything happens to be to stop you and the team. I feel like I made the team pressured and stress, that's why I left. I just want to make things easier for you and the team.", she said.

"Seeing how happy you and the team won the competition was enough for me.", she added.

"But dancing is your passion!", he said. He feels like he need to bring her back though he knew her condition.

"It is no longer my passion.", she laughed it off. "Yes was in love with dancing but I don't think I can do anymore. Every beginning must have an ending. This is my ending."

"What are you up to now?", he asked.

"Making music.", she said, smiling as she showed him the song that she had been making and he recognise it. He gasped as he looked at his former crew.

"You make our dance music all these time?", she nods.

"See, I never really left you know? I'm always with you."