Chapter 12

Sorry for the long wait, I just couldn't finish this chapter. Anyway, thanks for all the votes and lovely comments.

Enjoy.

~Timeskip 2 years ( 5BNB)~

During the last two years, Kakashi had gotten better. He no longer neglected his health and body, even though he still had trouble sleeping. More often than not, Orochimaru had to take the place of Sasuke and knock the time traveler unconscious in order for him to rest. On other nights, Kakashi would just stay awake and think about the past or the future. And then there were the very rare but precious nights, where he'd fall asleep with Anko next to him.

The girl had a gift to make Kakashi feel better.

Since the day he had woken up in the hospital two years ago, she hadn't left his side and continued to unknowingly heal fragments of Kakashi's broken soul. Anko probably didn't realize the effect she had on Kakashi, but because of her the silver-haired boy was able to continue to live in this time without having a mental break down each minute.

Anko even convinced him to make up with his other friends. There were a lot of tears and accusations, but in the end they all were on friendly terms. It could never be the same as it was in Kakashi's past life but it was okay. Kakashi had seen too much and his friends of this time were too innocent as that they could build a friendship as deep as before. There had been times were Kakashi had hoped for this to happen but now he had made his peace with the fact that they had grown too much apart.

Instead, he had made new friendships.

One of them was Genma Shiranui, the boy who had found and brought him to the hospital. During his time in the hospital, Genma had come often to visit him. One day, Kakashi had asked him curiously for his reason. They had never been close friends, merely acquaintances, but even so the boy had visited him a lot. Genma had laughed embarrassed and said: "I don't really know. It's just that I feel like I can talk to you, I guess? There's just something about you that intrigues me. You're a nice guy and I kind of wanted to be your friend for a while now, I just didn't know how to approach you. You were sort of a jerk to everyone that wasn't your father." Since that day they had been friends.

The only thing that showed that Kakashi was still a broken man were his eyes. Most of the time he was able to shield his feelings from others by getting rid of all emotions in his eyes so that they were just two neverending dark orbs. However, sometimes, especially if he was alone or at crucial dates like the 10th of October, his dark eyes would show the pain and sorrow he carried around day by day.

Today was one of these days where he couldn't pull up his barrier.

Today was one of the days he had anxiously awaited and also one of the most influential days for the future.

Today, Uchiha Itachi was meant to be born.

Kakashi had watched the Uchiha compound closely for the whole day from different hiding places, currently, he was in one of the trees surrounding Sasuke's childhood home.

Watching the Uchihas made Kakashi remember why he disliked them so much. They were too arrogant and proud to see that they weren't invincible. They were literally a pain in the ass. In all honesty, Kakashi had every right to hate this clan and he probably should have, they were basically the cause for all of his pain, but even so, they still gave him the greatest gifts he could have ever asked for. Itachi had been an amazing teammate in Team Ro and Kakashi knew that he would do anything for Konoha. Obito might have caused the world how Kakashi knew it to collapse, but he was still his best friend and brother in anything but blood. And even though Sasuke had left him, attacked Konoha, and hurt his comrades, he was still his precious student.