Prologue

Lucy POV:

"Natsu." I say with a soft smile holding a positive pregnancy test.

"Really!" He yells happily running over to me.

Picking me up in his arms he spins me around, a happy squeal erupts from my mouth along with a laugh.

"Mommy what's going on?!" A young voice calls.

Looking towards the bathroom door I see the twins walk in, Layla who has Natsu's hair and eye colour and Igneel who's a mini me with his blonde hair and brown eyes. The twins are coming up on their fourth birthday so it will be nice for them to become a big brother and a big sister!

"Well Layla, Igneel. Mommy and daddy have something to tell you." I say with a warm smile kneeling down to their level. "Your going to be a big brother and big sister!"

"What do you mean mommy?" Igneel asks.

I smile, unfortunately apart from my looks that's as far as it goes as to what Igneel inherited from me. Everything else he hows to his father, Layla however inherited a lot from me, her love of books, her love of my spirits and her love for her family. I pick Igneel up and balance him on my hip, wont be able to do this for very long so might as well make the most of it!

"There is a baby in mommy's tummy, and soon they will come out and we will be able to play with them." I explain to him.

"We need to tell the guild mommy!" Layla says with a happy smile.

After going to the guild and telling them the good news I began my pregnancy journey, however when I was five months along Natsu and I received some new that would change our lives forever. 

Natsu held my hand as I sat on a bed in the infirmary, Porlyusica was mixing some herbs to help keep the baby healthy and Wendy was getting the ultrasound machine ready.

"How have you been feeling Lucy?" Wendy asks me.

"Not too bad, the kids are getting excited which gives me some hope that they'll all get along." I reply with a chuckle.

"Let's hope so, otherwise it's going to be a long couple of years." Natsu says looking a little nervous.

"Tell me about it, the kids are just learning how to use their magic too. I can't imagine throwing a baby and magic into the arguments. We've had enough of that with you and Grey." I say lifting my shirt to expose my bump.

"Hey no fair Luce!" Natsu says in a huff.

"You know I'm right." I say as Porlyusica walks over.

"Right Lucy, let's see how this baby is doing." She says placing some gel on my stomach and passing me the bag of herbs. "We're also going to see if this child has any magic power, like we did with Igneel and Layla."

As she rubs the scanner over my stomach the soft sound of a heartbeat fills my ears, smiling I look at the screen and see the small outline of my baby. I reach out my hand to Natsu and he holds my hand tightly, his face full of pride as he looks at the picture.

"The baby is looking very healthy, you've been taking the medicine I've been giving you?" She asks me.

"Yes, it tastes horrible so I mix it with some tea." I explain.

"One cup in the morning and one before she goes to bed." Natsu continues. "I make it for her."

"Good, it will ensure a healthy baby." She says and then looks at some paper that's come from the side of the machine. "Let's see what magic this one will have."

She studies the paper and her hands begin to tremble, her eyes go wide and she quickly turns her back to us. I tighten my grip on Natsu's hand and sit up, one arm protectively around my bump.