一 08

It was safe to say Lucas was thoroughly confused, but he bit his lip in order to prevent himself from making any remarks, knowing he was always a bit more open about what was on his mind when he was off his medication.

"Why are you here?" He asked anyways, watching as Ten got to work on the lock of their cell. "What, do you want to stay in there?" The black haired man scoffed, making Lucas roll his eyes. "If anyone deserves to be behind these bars, it'd be you, Cheshire." Lucas spat, eyeing Ten angrily.

The man simply glanced up at Lucas with a smirk, before shifting his attention back to his task at hand.

Mark gestured to Yuta to come closer, lowering his voice." How did you even manage to find Ten?"

"I can hear you." Ten said, making Lucas roll his eyes. "Jaehyun has his ways." Yuta answered, glancing worriedly to the door. "Hurry up with whatever that is," he nudged Ten slightly.

"It's a very advanced lock picker, just so you know, but it could also be used to stab you if you don't shut up." Ten said snarkily, biting his lower lip in concentration.

"I can hear footsteps." Yuta urged Ten on. "We need to get these two out as soon as possible."

In that moment, Lucas remembered about their third cell mate, whipping around to check if the girl was still there. "Yuta, there's one more person you need to break out." Lucas said, whispering urgently.

The red haired man glanced behind Lucas, eyebrows raised. "Ah, the ghost girl Mark mentioned." He said, staring at Rina, who very subtly shifted closer to Lucas, eyebrows raised apprehensively.

He turned to her, surprising the both of them when he grasped her hand, rubbing circles onto the back on her hand comfortingly. She offered him a pained smile as a response, making him feel a surge of guilt.

She was being dragged into dangerous waters without knowing exactly what she was entering.

But it was better off than being stuck in a cell for longer, especially if the guards were already sending people to the Capital Prison, he concluded. That reminded him of Jisung and Chenle, both of whom were still cowering in the corner, frozen much like the lifeless bodies they were staring at.

Hesitantly, he called out to the brown haired child. "You alright there?" Jisung flinched, blinking as Lucas, looking lost as ever, before nodding hesitantly.

Ten let out a noise of triumph as the door swung open, letting out the three of them, before straightening up and freezing, eyes on Rina.

He opened his mouth to say something, before Yuta interrupted him. "We need to get out of here, let's have this talk later."

"Come with us." Mark turned to the two teens in the corner, offering them a smile. "You won't get a fair trial here." "We figured." Chenle said, peeking out from behind Jisung's tall frame, looking so child-like it stung Lucas' heart, reminding him all too much of a boy he'd left behind.

"We are not equipped to take three more people back with us. We came here for the just for you." Yuta protested, falling silent when Mark gave him a pleading look. "Just out of here, not back home." The younger said, eyes widening pleadingly.

"This is why you don't let the kids do missions." Ten muttered under his breath.

"At least we don't go around stabbing people in the back and leaving them to rot." Lucas retorted. "Can people please stop bringing up what happened nearly three years ago?" Ten asked, exasperatedly.

Ignoring him, Lucas beckoned Rina over. "Let's get out of here."

"Hey, if you helping those lads out, get us out too!" One of the older, rugged men from the cell across called, watching them with narrowed eyes. "Today isn't a mass breakout." Mark called back.

"You little-" "Stop answering to them, idiot." Ten hissed. "If you won't help, we won't let you leave." Another called out, his grin revealing yellow, crooked teeth. "What are you going to do from behind bars?" Lucas asked, raising an eyebrow, a sudden surge of arrogance flooding his system.

Oh, how he wished he had his medicines.

"This." The greasy man smirked, before yelling, his voice echoing loudly. "BREAKOUT IN THE PRISON! THERE ARE PRISONERS ESCAPING!" He began pounding their fists against the bars, causing a huge din of sound.

Yuta gritted his teeth in frustration, looking at Lucas, who understood. Grabbing Rina's hand, he ran, overtaken by Yuta and followed closely by Ten, Mark, Chenle and Jisung. They avoided the bodies of the passed out guards, Lucas on full alert.

The din was beginning to die down with the increasing distance they managed to put between the cells and their little group of escapees, but Lucas knew they were still at a disadvantage, the pounding still being too loud for them to hear any incoming footsteps.

Rina squeezed Lucas' hand warningly, signing something to Ten faster then his eyes could keep up with.

Whatever it was made Ten's eyes widen, making him ready his gun. When they turned the end of the corridor, he shot, narrowly missing Yuta's shoulder but nailing a guard straight on his forehead, making Lucas wince with sympathy as he collapsed.

He turned to Rina, eyes widened. "How did u hear that?" He questioned incredulously, the brown haired girl merely shrugging in response.

"Jaehyun!" Yuta pressed his hand to an in-piece secured to his ear, or so Lucas assumed.

"Pullout, quickly. Tell Sicheng to keep the guards out!" "No need!" Ten said triumphantly as the door swung open, nearly hitting Lucas, Mark and Rina.

Lucas grabbed Rina's arm when she stumbled.

He tugged at her hand, trying to keep up with the rest, but she refused to budge. He gave her a questioning look, before following her line of sight, and freezing as well.

There, blocking the way was Donghyuck.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Author's Note

Thank you for 130 reads <3