一 21

Ten nibbled at his lower lip nervously, arms crossed over his chest as he watched Rina seat herself lightly on the edge of the table, looking to ready to bolt at the first wrong movement, until Doyoung told her to relax.

His eyes followed the sharp, quick movements of the doctor as he mumbled comforting words with each needle that pierced her arm, one dangerously close to her clavicle.

When they had walked into the office, Yuta had greeted them all with a wide smile, loud hellos, and a warm embrace for Taeyong, who he claimed had grown more gray hair in the three months he hadn't seen the other.

"Where are Sicheng and Jaehyun?" Ten had asked, eyes darting around the wide room as if the two could be hidden behind the two couches or maybe under the coffee table at the centre.

"They're not here, they're back at Limitless. The two of them had to be present for the inspection, after all." Doyoung had answered, giving Ten's arm a reassuring squeeze.

From the startled look on Rina's face, she had made the connection, turning to him quizzically. Ten's mouth fell open in a little "oh", as he remembered both the mentioned peoples positions.

The girl nudged him, looking at him for an explanation.

"Jaehyun is on the board of directors for a company that specialises in tracking technology." He said quietly to Rina as Doyoung offered Taeyong a bottle of water from his desk, slipping into their own conversation.

Yuta led them towards the door tucked away in the corner, Ten guiding Rina around the edge of the desk with a light touch, which she had failed to notice.

"He's got a knack for finding things. He'd fit right in with pirates with the way he just finds things, or people. Especially people." He'd grumbled, almost wincing as he recalled the wild chase that had occurred a little less than two weeks back.

Ten's record of successfully managing to hide from the other Bosses for three years had been shattered in less than three days.

Jaehyun, according to Taeyong, had taken seventy two hours to find him, chasing him across the expanse of the third section of Neo City, straight into the Outside. Every turn he took, the man would be standing there with a sardonic dimpled smile, arms crossed over his huge chest.

It really hadn't been the most pleasant experience, especially when the realisation that he'd probably been free for this long was only because Taeyong must've specifically forbidden Jaehyun from helping the others search for him.

And while he was immensely grateful and indebted to the older for many things, he did wish that Taeyong had at least tried to stop Jaehyun from giving him a broken nose on first sight.

Rina had shook him out of his reverie, pointing to where Yuta stood, staring at him expectantly. "You're going to stand there forever or what?" He asked, and Ten shook his head. "Got lost in thought." He mumbled, walking past the red haired.

The plain wooden door opened up to a smaller room, with the private equipment reserved specifically for treating Doyoung's team when required - the man had refused to allow them to get treated by the doctors he employed, in case word ever got out by the slip of tongue.

It was the larger version of a storage room, with an extensive number of shelves, filled with an assortment of devices and boxes.

In the centre, between two shelves that had been pushed further apart to make space, was a steel bed with a smaller table, its surface covered with a computer heart monitor and a couple of medicine boxes. An IV stand stood behind it, glinting in the tube light.