9

4 years later

"Dad, i'm gonna be fine! I'll visit often" I give him his 15th hug, after listing to his speech to be safe, and he loves me the 27th time.

It was my first day of college, Florida State University. I got a full ride scholarship from academics; i was beyond greatful for the opportunity. I finally pried myself from his arms. Tears comes from my dads eyes.

"I don't want you to leave" he loudly sobs out, dragging the leave out way to much.

"Dad, the campus is literally an hour and a half away! I'll come visit every 3 weeks" I sigh, grabbing a tissue from my purse.

"Every 2 weeks!" his crying suddenly stops, and  his tone sounds firm.

"Every 3 weeks" I grit my teeth "I can't use that much gas, i'm a college student now! Gas is expensive!" I throw my hands in the air.

"Fine!" he cross his arms obviously known he had been defeated.

My dad was not like this when Bryan went to college. He gave him a big hug, said to call, and gave him a huge box of condoms. Which in reality, everyone knows Bryan is a man whore, and needs those.

Also, my mom was not here too. She still in jail, and now dad is gonna be alone at the house. I told him to get a dog, but that didn't satisfy him.

"Dad I really got to look over my schedule, I'll call you okay, I love you lots." I give him a hug, just in a second dad whips his camera out and snaps a picture.

"That's going on the fridge" he laughs. "But i love you too sweetie, please be safe. Also Bryan is in the other building, remember that." He gives me a kiss on the forehead, and give my hand a small squeeze.

I slowly shut the door behind him, and collapse on the bed. I let out a loud groan, it was filled with anxiety and exhaustion. I look around and see my small dorm. I didn't have a room mate yet, which kinda saddens me. I'd like to have a friend. I get my tired body up, and unpack my last box.

After finally unpacking everything, I look over my schedule. After memorizing it, I decided to take a walk around the huge campus, trying to figure out where everything was.

My building was fairly large, I can see many new faces in the hallway. Everyone looked so tired, dragged down. I finally reach the front main doors, I push them open letting the fresh warmish air fill my nostrils. I grabbed the campus map and start walking.

I decided to go to our little cafe first

"Café smooth"

Weird name I thought. I open the doors, and immediately get greeted with a warm welcome and a strong scent of coffee, and fresh fruits. I decided to just order a strawberry smoothie

" Your total is 3.29$" the cashier says with a warm smile.

I reach into my pocket and realize I didn't grab my money.

"Oh crap" I facepalm "I left my money in my dorm" I say.

A large hand rest lightly on my shoulder making me jump.

"Here i'll pay for it" The several inch taller, brown hair , blue eyes, may I add gorgeous man said.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to do that" I slightly blushed

"Anything for a pretty girl like you" He winks at me and gives the cashier his order and pays for both of us.

He turns back around and smiles "Hi I'm Sam" he extends his arm. I give his massive hand a gentle shake.