Break Mommy's Heart (Stephen x Reader)

Warnings: fluff, murder
Requested by: @fluffyfoxella

REQUESTS ARE OPEN

Enjoy!
________________________________

Stephen Strange was your boyfriend.
Sure, it may seem weird that an average girl like you is getting it on with the master of mystic arts, but anything is possible, especially in the crazy world that you live in.
After almost nine months of dating, you were living with him in the sanctum. It wasn't luxurious, but it was worth it if it meant you could wake up to your amazing boyfriend every day.

Currently, you're holding the pregnancy test in your hand and wondering how you got yourself into this situation. We're always so careful.
Alas, the carefulness was to no avail. It was late at night, 9pm, and long past both of your bed times. You wrapped the test in toilet paper and threw it in the trash. Then, you headed back to your bed and slipped under the covers, soaking in Stephen's warmth. "Where were you?"
"Nowhere. Just go back to sleep," you soothe your boyfriend. When you were sure he was asleep, you made an appointment to get an ultrasound the next day and slipped back under the blankets.
"It's a boy," the doctor confirmed. You stared at your son on the screen in disbelief.
"He's mine," you say, bewildered that you have created this life.
"Yeah, he's yours..." The doctor said slowly. "He's in your uterus..."
"No, I know, it's just, amazing... I created him."
"Sure," The doctor concluded with a weird look and left.

You returned back to the sanctum.
"Stephen, can I talk to you?" You said timidly.
"I need to talk to you first." A portal opened behind you. Stephen stepped out.
Your eyes widened as he knelt to the ground and pulled out a box. "Will you-"
"I'm pregnant." you cut off his proposal.
He froze. "What?"
"I'm pregnant. And it's yours."
"I don't know what to say."
"Then listen," you knelt down next to him. "I love you, and I want to raise this baby with you. So, if the offer still stands, I want to marry you."
"Wha- I wasn't proposing!" He stands up.
"You weren't??"
"No, I was going to ask you to take this box to the recycling!!"
You stared at him. "Oh." was all you could say.
"..But now that you mention it, I'll marry you." He smiled and gave you a kiss.

The wedding planning was frustrating. You and Stephen had spent weeks trying to come up with the perfect wedding, but it was impossible. Finally, after too long, you went to the courthouse and had a quick, unceremonius wedding.

After what felt like just days, you were delivering a child.
After the encouragement of the doctors and Stephen, the boy was delivered.

You're cradling your baby in your arms. It was so nice to be home, although the hospital was nice, there's no place like home. You couldn't even imagine loving something more than you do your son. You could see traits of you and traits of Stephen all mixed into your little bundle of joy.
"Can I hold him again?" you hear Stephen ask.
"Yeah of course babe." You smile up at him.
He looks down lovingly at baby Crowley.
"His name fits him so well, don't you think?"
"Yes," you reply watching your husband hold Crowley. You couldn't love two people more.
"Oh, I think I need to change his diaper," Stephen says. "I'll be right back."
"I don't smell anythi-"
Before you can finish, Stephen rushes out of your shared bedroom holding your child. You didn't worry though, this gives you some time to enjoy a very well deserved nap.

"6 p.m.?!"
You sit straight up and look around yours and Stephen's bedroom. What if he's dead? You call 911 and get put on hold.
"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," you mutter after 10 minutes of waiting.
"Hello what's your emergen- wait, I'm sorry wait did you just say?"
"Oh, um nothing. Anyway-"
"No, no, Miss, I heard you say something along the lines of, 'you've got to be kidding me,' am I wrong?"
"No, but I think there is a more important matter at hand right now you see I-"
"No. If you don't appreciate my services I won't provide them. Goodbye."
You look at your phone, awestruck, watching the 911 operator hang up on you.

Whatever. You would look for your family on your own.

You walked out onto the street and turned the corner. Stephen couldn't have gone too far, right? You called for a cab and it slowed down in front of you. You didn't know where you were going, but it was bound to be better than squatting in the middle of the street, getting judged by a bunch of New Yorkers, waiting for a cab. But the driver looked at you, and down at you post pregnancy fat, and then back up at you. He slowly put his foot down on the gas, maintaining eye contact with you the whole entire time, and then sped away.

"Well, there goes that," you sigh.

You walk over to Stark Tower, knowing that some of your friends would want to help you out. Thankfully, you knew the walk wasn't too long and you wouldn't need a cab anyway. Take that cab driver.

You approach the door to Bruce's lab. Bruce had always been the nicest to you so you decided to check with him first.

"Hey Y/N!"

You smile at Bruce, but he knows from your expression that you were here for less happy occasions.

"What's wrong?" Bruce asks.

"Oh, it's just that, Stephen left with the baby a few hours ago and I haven't seen him since.

"Well at least he took the baby," a voice echoes from the air ducts.

"What?! Who was that!" you question.

You hear a scurry in the air ducts, like something was running away. You look at Bruce and he shrugs his shoulders.

"Anyway, Y/N," Bruce starts, "I saw Stephen come in with your kid a few hours ago. I think he went into the women's restroom on the third floor."

"He did! Oh my god, thank you Bruce."

You give him a quick hug and run to the third floor. As you approach the women's restroom, you hear a baby's cry and Stephen soothing it.

He must not know how to change a diaper! He came all the way here so he wouldn't be embarrassed at home and spent the past few hours training on Crowley. That's the most reasonable explanation, right?

You walk into the women's bathroom and come across a horrific sight. Crowley's skin was purple and he had a green tail. His eyes were completely black and his hair was red and slicked back. Hair which had been non-existent a few hours ago.

"Stephen! What are you doing!"

Stephen dropped a red, bubbling vial in surprise and look at you in shock. He then realized this was the perfect opportunity to test out Crowley's powers AND get you out of the picture. There was no room for the inferior gender in his plan to rule the galaxy.

A sinister grin came across Stephen's face and he directed his gaze to your firstborn son.

"Crowley."

"Yes father," said a deep demonic voice coming from the body that once belonged to your sweet, innocent, child.

"Kill."

You staggered back as you felt Crowley's sharp tail cut into you chest and stab your heart. As your limp body oozed out blood Crowley looked at Stephen, and Stephen returned his glare with a smile of admiration.

"That was good Crowley. You only have one flaw and that's providing a tagline at unnecessary times."

Crowley looked at Stephen and said, "Did I just break Mommy's heart?"

Stephen broke out into a light hearted chuckle and the rest of the Avengers flooded the women's bathroom with laughter.