Light and Dark

Light and Dark coexist; one cannot be without the other.  Theirs is the bond of a sister and brother, for as much as they fight and resist each other, their co-dependent connection is unable to be broken.  Dark and Light are twins, born together on the first day of Creation, their quantum-physical DNA written by the Father in Heaven.  Both were designed to be an extension of the other, yet each is capable of thriving alone.  This to them is not unknown, but often goes unseen to the closed-minded human being.  My goal this night is to lengthen your sight in hope that you might open your eyes to the beauty of the Dark and Light.  Though you'll have to forgive me if I seem redundant in wanting to give an abundant description of what I see all the time.  So here goes.

Light, as everyone knows, is something that science struggles to comprehend.  The questions rise without an end, and the Nobel Prize for this riddle's solution may be light years away.  Light is strongest during the Day when the Sun is high and bright, spreading warmth and delight across the globe and helping the living find their way.  People rarely grope and gripe when the type of sensations they get from Light's radiance brings smiles to their faces.  But Light can only do so much with the power of his touch, and, as such, he must recede, come the Night, despite the pleading of Man for him to stay.  As the Day comes to an end, Light does not fade completely, but merely allows his sister a chance to dance with her Stygian ribbons.  And, given the circumstance, Darkness dims the eyes of Men who rely greatly on their sight, allowing her to witness what her brother, Light, cannot, for during her reign the wicked plot and disgrace her name.  Thus the innocent are led to believe that Night is a time for them to grieve, that Night is the time of evil and crime.  In the Shadows, unseen by Light, the wicked spread despair and fright into the hearts and minds of others, thinking that Dark doesn't care.  As long as Light is unaware of what they scheme and conspire, with gluttony they feed their satanic desire to unleash blood and havoc.  But Dark herself is not evil, despite what people believe.  She is beautiful in a different way and is never struck with dismay by the thoughts of those who don't understand her.  And so, she takes the black and white and reveals the secrets of the Night, unveiling what hides within her Shadows to her just and righteous brother, Light.  Never is she commended for doing right, yet she continues to smile, even when others see her as vile, for she knows what is true; and therefore, opinions are not an issue for Light's sable sister.

However, despite their able powers, neither sibling ever towers over the other's head.  Instead they love and support each other as a brother and sister should.  Darkness gives her brother respite from the contrite hearts of Men, from the guilt they feel in his presence when they are unconcealed.  Darkness helps Light stay in control, saves his soul from brazenness and doubt, scouts the truth whilst he recovers from the busyness of the Day.  With love devout she cares for her brother.  And no matter how bitter the world always treats her, Light supports and cares for his sister.  While he may deprive her of health and of friends, he is always ready to make amends, casting Shadows so she can survive and from him revive in power and blossom like an ebony flower, for flowers need Light in order to live.

The secret of the Dark and Light is that they are equal.  Neither one is good nor evil based on black and white conception.  One must realize the connection between Onyx and Opal.  And I mean the powers, not the stones.  Each is strong enough on its own, but also makes the other better, for true love is the power to do things together.  True contentment can be found by letting go of the resentment that many feel towards the Dark.  And I believe that in a heart, all will start to be serene when one embraces equally the Light and the Dark in all their beauty, when one accepts what black and white create in perfect harmony: the color known as Grey.