This World is Rotting

*Note: This poem may be controversial. Reader discretion is advised.

This world is rotting.  Everywhere it can be seen.  Innocence has been murdered by the insolence of the internet.  Morality is on the verge of extinction.  Some cannot avert their eyes from the screen.  Others are scarred by what they see.  For all, the sight leaves an impression on the soul.  Even after looking away, the image is still quite clear in the mind.  Some hearts beat with horror and disgust, others with diabolical lust.  There is not a site to trust anymore.  Shaken I am to the core by what society has borne.  Vulgar language, Facebook, porn.  Privacy was once adorned by humanity.  Now that is a fantasy.  How can anyone believe such immorality to be praiseworthy and fine?  Whatever happened to the line that so many once looked upon in reverence?  Why is there so much acceptance of what is clearly wrong?  Why does almost every song speak of things so horrid?  Why, amid the chaos strong, does no one recognize the sick play in which they are acting, nor realize that what's online is, most of the time, distracting them from life?  Do they even know what life is anymore?  If so, then what are they living for, if they have the gall to call what they're doing "living"?  They ponder why there's so much strife in a relationship, for they no longer understand that what has become a public trend on every single channel is meant to be reserved for a husband and a wife.  One can pretend that all is aright, but come the rays of morning light, there is going to be a fight that will most surely end in screaming and tears and punches and fears and, of course, the break up.  But they don't wake up from this modern day Matrix.  Instead they ignore what needs to be fixed and delve into habits with feelings mixed to fill the void that is the awareness that inside they are dead.  By letting society into your head, you lose sight of what is important and forget what is real.  Your independence begins to peel off your skin until all that remains within is a lost and insecure person who no longer remembers what it means to be human.  The future for such hollow souls is hellish embers and torturous coals, suffering forevermore from everything that was wrong with their lives.  We need to break away from the hive of a phone or computer, to take a stand to resist temptation and fight the evil inclination.  There is yet a chance for us to advance in the war to save this world.  We all are responsible for the outcome of the battle.  Innocence cannot survive so long as immorality thrives.  No one can decide for you, but it's up to you and you alone to look up from your fancy phone and envision the results of your decision to succumb to immorality and numb yourself to reality.  It's your call.  Either you can choose to fall and join the rest of society in decay and degradation, or you can fight to do what is right and bring forth salvation for all mankind.  But many will not choose the latter, believing it doesn't matter to them.  This world is rotting, by us condemned, longing for the pain to end.