oo5

oo5

Byun Baekhyun didn't know what to expect when he arrived for his first day in high school. His family just moved in to Seoul so he was new to the place. He didn't know a single person there so he was worried if he would fit in with the other students. When he stepped inside his homeroom, everything was relatively normal. He hoped that he won't get into any kind of trouble 'til the end of the day – or much more hopefully, 'til the end of his high school life.

He knew that most people there were just as new as him but he still wished he knew someone that was already familiar to the school. He also wished that Chanyeol didn't move to Japan and moved to Seoul like him instead. Oh, well, he thought to himself, I would be able to manage by myself.

Like every other first day of school in his life, students needed to attend the opening ceremony. He followed where his classmates were going and fell into line with them inside the auditorium. There were the usual welcoming remarks by the headmaster, introduction of the staff and other boring stuff. He was stifling a yawn when he heard his schoolmates say that the student council president was going to give her speech next. Baekhyun didn't give a damn about it – not until he saw the girl who stepped up the stage.

His jaw literally dropped when he recognized the student council president as Seo Yoojin. Seo Yoojin, the girl he found crying when he got lost in the train station last summer, was in the same school as him. She looked the same, yet at the same time, she didn't. The first time they met, her eyes were red and swollen, her hair was messily tied and she looked utterly vulnerable. The girl speaking in front of the whole student body had a different air around her – dignified, elegant, august. If he hadn't memorized her face and thought about her for the past months, he never would've recognized her.

That night at the train station was the first and last time he saw her. He wanted to find her but then he originally lived in the province and he knew she was from the city. But he saw her again by whatever string of fate that was connecting them. To be completely honest with himself, one of the reasons he agreed to move to Seoul was because he was hoping that he would get to see her again.

Baekhyun fidgeted on his spot, not able to wait any longer until the ceremony would end; and when it did, he didn't follow his classmates back to their homeroom. He determinedly walked to the stage to get to Yoojin. But she wasn't there anymore and was probably lost in the sea of people going out of the auditorium. His eyes searched the crowd for her, not willing to miss a single spot. His search was not in vain as he saw that familiar ponytail nearing the exit. He pushed his way in between his fellow students, saying hurried apologies to people he bumped into. Yoojin was already out of the auditorium when he got near and called her name.

"Seo Yoojin!" His voice was a little too loud which caused the other students to look their way.

Yoojin stopped on her tracks and craned her neck behind. When she saw him, her eyes widened. Baekhyun thought that she was going to fully face him so he was surprised when she turned her face away and walked away quickly.

Baekhyun, being the persistent person that he was, followed her. "Yoojin! Wait!" He was now jogging up to her because, darn, this girl walked too fast. He was finally able to overtake her which made her halt her steps.