past life

A/n: update cause I'm going back home on a 18 hour flight at 4:30 am hours 🤪🤪🤪 Edit: now 2:30 am , now 3:26 am (well now I'm back home)

"What do you mean your ex?" Namjoon asks, unable to recall any mention of the younger's life before college.

Jungkook fiddled with his fingers and brought his legs up into a crossed position onto the sofa.

"Well, let's just say my relationship with my parents wasn't the best; I would say I was heavily neglected, out doing whatever shit I wanted and didn't care much about school or any other activities. The Jungkook you know now is only because of my ex, I'll give him that." The younger explains, boring his eyes into the elder's.

Namjoon couldn't imagine a Jungkook the complete opposite from this one, he seemed to sweet and too innocent for him to willingly go and do all this 'badass' stuff.

"Anyway besides that, I met Taehyung and had always stuck by him. And in junior year of high school I had gotten myself a boyfriend, after crushing on him for a few months. He made me smile, felt appreciated, and soon enough I was attached to him. That was where I had messed up."

Namjoon thought after every sentence that his boyfriend had said, thinking how he could've done better. He felt like he had competition, even though he knew that Jungkook's ex was out of his life.

"So, I became pretty dependent on him. He was sweet and caring for the first year, but I guess he found me to annoying or clingy. Once I started asking to hang out with him more, he'd ask me to do obscene things. Like buy him drugs from his 'friends' or go buy his groceries. Soon it became worse, more personal." Jungkook didn't continue, Namjoon assumed why and didn't say much.

"And how it all ties together with Minhyuk—Minhyuk was my ex's best friend—he was a good friend to my ex, but maybe not at all the best influence. You see, he's the short tempered type."

Namjoon still didn't quite understand it, "Kook, I'm not exactly sure if you're forgiving me. But how can you do willingly accept what I did? What I did was wrong! You should be scolding me, not make me feel like a superhero."

"Namjoon. I've known you for a while now, and I may not know anything about your past, but would you really take advantage of someone like that willingly or even non willingly? It doesn't add up, you advocate for women's rights, but then you try to take advantage of me?" Namjoon sighs hearing the word advantage. He feels horrible, he'd have to make it up to Jungkook some way or another.

Jungkook continues, "Minhyuk was good friends with my ex, I saw him a lot even if he went to a different school. Which in this case was your school, he said he knew a lot about you and your antics." Namjoon grimaces, he wanted step away from the dark hole he had left in his highschool life.

"Yeah, I wasn't exactly the best kid in highschool. I was in the top of all my classes, had the highest grades. But behind all that academic greatness was a shit ton of garbage. I'd get wasted in the night and literally fuck around. I even did some pretty bad illegal shit, but once I entered college I somehow made a vow to myself to never relive those days again."

"Ah, that makes more sense now. Either way, if Minhyuk spiked your drink or not, it would have to be because of some ulterior motive of his. Any thoughts?" Jungkook reasons, Namjoon absentmindedly shrugging his shoulders.

"Jungkook I've been meaning to ask you for a while now... Has the ringing stopped? My flowers have stopped as well."

The younger hums, leaving to his kitchen to get cups of water for themselves. "Hmm, sometimes, but it's not as bad as before. I got right before you came here, but it wasn't too bad."

Namjoon was smart, and he could figure a lot of things out. But the way date worked, would be something he'd never be able to figure out.

A/n: WHAT THE FRICK HPW IS THIS BOOK GAINING SO MANY READS AND VOTES IDK BUT TTYTYTY 💜💜💜💜