Chapter eleven

I woke up sweaty, and once again, in someone's arms. When I looked up, I realized it was dick.

He was gently rocking and shushing me, while rubbing a hand comfortingly up and down my back.

"Dickie, that was the most horrible one so far" I said shakily, feeling hot tears slip down my face.

"I know, how hard this is, you don't have to go outside if you don't want to, it is ok if today you aren't ok." He knew exactly what I was going through, as his family also died.

"Thanks dickie" i just sat there while dick just comforted me, and after a while I calmed down enough, but I was still really shaky. I looked over at the clock, it read 5:45, too early to get up but too late to go back to sleep. Although I didn't want to sleep anyways.

"Hey dickie, do you think we can get dad to lift the grounding, so I can go visit them?" He nodded, knowing that I wanted to go to the graveyard.

"Yeah I'll talk to him, I bet I can convince him." He was moving to stand up but I just grabbed his arm.

"Please don't leave" he nodded, and sat back down, dick was one of my rocks, and since my family wasn't here, and they were back at the manor, I only had two emotional rocks here with me, and I didn't want to be alone today, not today.

He didn't bring any of his technology so, he was stuck until I was ready to let him leave so he could go talk to dad.

A few minutes later I fell asleep, trying to remember the good things about my birthday, and all the good memories of my parents.

Dicks POV

Once daphs fell asleep, I carefully and slowly moved her so that she could sleep, while I went to go talk to Bruce.

I successfully made it out of her room, closing the door as quietly as possible. I was wearing sunglasses but I was in pajama pants and a t-shirt, as soon as her door closed and I turned around, I was faced with Artemis.

"Hey Arty, hows it going?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"Nothing much, just heading to the training room to get some practice."

"This early in the morning?"

"Well practice makes perfect, and you don't just become as good a shot as me without practice."

"Ok sweet, um, I'll be going now."

She gave me the stink eye. "Where are you going?"

"Just to Wally's room"

"Why"

"Well if you must know miss nosy, just to have a chat"

"About what?"

"Nothing that you need to know about, just continue on with your business" she rolled her eyes and started to walk away. As soon as she was down the hall, I started to hear whimpering, coming from Daphne's room, it broke my heart to hear that, so I went as fast as I could to Wally's room. I needed to talk to dad, but I couldn't if I was in the same room of a light sleeper like daphne, so I needed to send Wally in there to go comfort her while I dealt with dad.

I opened Wally's door, and had to wade through his mess just to get to the bed. It was ridiculous how messy his room was, like how could he have this much clothing here and at his house.

When I finally reached the bed, I started to shake the slumbering figure.

He groaned but acknowledged me. "What, What?"

"Wall, go sit with daphne, so she can sleep, I need to talk to Bruce so I need you to go to her." Wally shot up in his bed completely aware now, daphne was like his little sister and if she needed him, he'd be there.

"Okay you go talk to bats and I'll go to daphs" we nodded at each other and went to the rooms we needed to go into.

Now that I knew daphne would be okay, I pulled out my hologlove, and started typing in the needed password to call dad.

He answered. "What do you need?" His cowel was down, but he knew it was from my glove so it must be a private conversation.

"Um I was wondering if you would lift the grounding so that daphs and I could go to the cemetery, daphne wanted to go there, and visit her parents, I was also hoping we could go visit uncle Jim, he always makes her happier"

"Today is the day isn't it?"

"Don't tell me you forgot? It's only the saddest week of the year, and that goes for all of us, especially daphne"

"I didn't forget, and yes I lift the grounding, but only for you two, the rest of the team isn't as stealthy as they need to be in order to walk around Gotham, just tell me you two will be careful."

"We promise, we'll leave in a few hours, Daphne finally got back to sleep and she needs her rest"

"Alright" he signed off, and I breathed a sigh of relief. That was easier that I had hoped for.

A few hours later, daphne woke up, and I told her the news.

Daphne's POV

Dickie told me that dad lifted the grounding on the two of us so I could go see my parents.

I just nodded and Wally looked offended.

"Not stealthy enough, my butt, I can be stealthy if I want to" he whined, in turn making me laugh.

"You couldn't be stealthy even if you were the invisible man" I mocked. Wally put his hand over his heart in mock hurt.

"You wound me daphs" I just rolled my eyes and started getting ready for the cemetery, and uncle Jim's. I chose regular civilian clothes as to not draw too much attention to myself. I shooed the boys out of my room to change, and locked the door. Once I was dressed I put on some sunglasses and a hat to finish off the look, and make sure I wasn't recognized, one of the many cons of being a billionaire's adopted daughter.

I walked out of the room, spotting dick in the hallway, sporting a look similar to mine. We were both well adjusted to hiding from the press, so that we could go out in public.

We walked down the hall together, and I was ready to go see my parents, as we walked towards the zeta tubes to teleport to Gotham.