Here We Go - part 4

An update before I start band camp!

You and Peter stand outside a small tourist shop, snickering to yourselves as you watch someone punch a guy holding a selfie stick (whom you have yet to talk to) and run away.

"That's Flash," Peter informs you, "he's a major jerk."

You glance away from the scene to look at Peter, who's still snickering, obviously enjoying what just happened.

"So why are we here?" You ask Peter, curious as to what he could possibly want from this store. From the looks of it, they sell crafty items such as necklaces and glass decor, nothing that piques your interest.

Peter looks away from you and chews on his bottom lip, embarrassed, "uh, well, I want to get this necklace for a girl," his face turns a light shade of pink as he explains it to you, "it's all part of a plan I have."

You cross your arms and smirk, "a plan? You seem to be a well thought out guy."

Peter rubs his neck and lets out a laugh, "I wouldn't say that, I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly."

You uncross your arms and scowl, quickly changing your temper to that of a hostile one, "well cut it out, we have serious business to do."

Peter parts his mouth open and his jaw hangs down, unsure of how to respond, he glances around trying to avoid your eye contact.

"I'm just kidding, lighten up spider boy," you lightheartedly tease, trying your best to seem less ridged.

Peter puckers his lips to the side in a fake pout, "shh, it's not spider boy."

You shrug and walk towards the entrance of the small shop, jokingly shoulder checking Peter on your way there. He lets out an annoyed huff and quickly follows behind you, making sure to purposely step on the back of your heels in retaliation.

You snap around and hold a playfully balled up fist, "hey, watch it!"

He snorts and holds up his arms in mock surrender, letting you know you've won. You turn around and continue into the store, trying to hide the smile that was creeping up on your face. It felt nice to joke around like this with someone, you haven't done that in a long time, it almost makes you sad.

Hurriedly, you wipe those thoughts away from your mind, and focus on staying in the moment.

You stay off to the side as Peter talks to the shop owner, they exchange a few words before the older man walks away to the back of his store. Peter stays in place and looks over at you, giving you a thumbs up, you roll your eyes but return the gesture.