Cedar Wood - part 15

Sorry if this chapter isn't so great, I'm a little rusty

"I guess this is goodbye Parker."

For all you know, Earth could literally end any second, and what are you doing? Standing at the corner of some empty street feeling sorry for yourself.

Poor me, I always ruin my relationship with people because of some petty trust issues I developed at a young age.

Boohoo, cry all you want but it won't change the fact that the world isn't going to stop for you. You have to be at the airport in three hours to go back home, so why can't you muster up the energy to leave?

Because of that stupid Peter Parker and his stupid hair and his stupid smile and his stupid laugh.

For the past twenty minutes you've tried walking away, but the farthest you got was about a block away from the bar where you and Peter had previously sat. Now all you can manage to do is bite at the already chewed down stubs you can call finger nails.

"Shit," you mutter to yourself, "what am I doing? This is ridiculous."

You suck in a deep breath, stand up straight and start walking in the opposite direction of the bar. Only, it lasts about two seconds. And now you're right back to where you were. On the corner, standing next to a smelly garbage can.

The sky matches your mood, with dark grey storm clouds circling around above. Hiding the happy sun, and forcing their shadows down on everyone else. You want to scream.

Something just isn't sitting right with you, rendering you unable to leave. Most likely the fact that you really enjoyed your time with Peter, so leaving just like that feels wrong. Yet, what can you do? You're not needed here anymore, Peter can finally have the relaxing vacation that he wanted.

You begin to kick at small pebbles as you walk away, but a broken piece of equipment makes you stop in your tracks. You bend down and pick it up, examining it while you do so. It's an odd looking thing, wracked in spiderwebs. Curiosity takes over and you want to know what it does. So you try a multitude of different things. Ranging from shaking it, twisting it, and pressing random buttons until finally a large holographic elemental forms, causing you to drop the gadget in response.

The moment is quick with the elemental. A large storm like monster swirls around above you, loud noises filling the street and the shadows of said monster cascade around you.

"What the hell?" You mange to mutter to yourself before the hologram disappears.

You stare down at what you presume to be a projector of sorts, and immediately a thought pops up in your head. All in once, everything begins to click.