Talk It Out- Part 6

Everyone stayed downstairs trying to learn more about the, "mystery guy," who showed up, including Peter, but you didn't want to be in the same room as him at the moment, so you're holed up in your room, feeling guilty

Everyone stayed downstairs trying to learn more about the, "mystery guy," who showed up, including Peter, but you didn't want to be in the same room as him at the moment, so you're holed up in your room, feeling guilty. You really do feel awful about what you said, but how are you going to apologize to Peter? You felt like if you try to apologize you'll further dig yourself into a hole because of your poor social skills.

You sigh and sit on the corner of your bed, the unwelcoming mattress not helping to ease your heavy mind. You continue to think about Peter, when your door lets out a long creak, you whip around, startled, but ease when Fury makes eye contact with you. His arms are crossed and his head hangs low, the shadows making him look even more intimidating.

"So now both of you are ghosting me?" His voice matches the exact mood he's letting off.

You cringe, not having thought about checking your messages. Your mind was too busy thinking about the previous events that had just happened earlier in the day.

"Uh, sorry?" You give him a fake smile, which only pisses him off more.

He shuts the door behind him and sits on the arm of a nearby chair, he takes in a deep inhale, "I'm bringing you and the boy over to meet Beck."

"I've already met him."

"So?"

You glare down at your shoes while your mind races, you refuse to make eye contact. The unsettling silence fills the room quickly making it become uncomfortable. You feel like a stray dog that got backed into a corner by animal control, afraid to move.

"Somethings wrong with you." Fury comments, but doesn't attempt at saying anything else.

You begrudgingly look over at him, "it's nothing," you mutter, and you crack your knuckles in force habit.

There's a twisted irony to your words, weren't words almost exactly like that which caused all of your recent trouble?

The lack of Fury's voice drumming in your ears confuses you, so you look up, only to find the man getting ready to step out of your room.

"What are you doing?" You stand up from your spot on the bed.

He glances at you over his shoulder and carelessly shrugs, "you don't seem to be in a talking mood, so I'm leaving. I'm going to talk to Parker."

What's worse; having someone relentlessly questioning you to figure out what's upsetting you, or not saying anything and choosing not to care about something that is bothering you? Both are terrible, but there's something that truly hurts when someone simply doesn't care.

"Oh," your voice comes out more defeated than you would like, "me and Parker got in a fight, kind of..."

Fury raises an eyebrow and leans against the door he was getting ready to open, "I knew there was something."

If you could physically kick yourself you would have, of course he was trying to make you talk,  he knew exactly how to do it.

You put a hand on the back of your neck, "yeah, I said something that I didn't mean and it hurt him."

Fury nods and unfolds his arms, "well," he opens the door behind him and turns to you, "lets talk somewhere else."

You follow him out the door and quickly glance down the hall to make sure no one can spot you leaving. When the hall turns up empty you both take it as a cue to leave.

Peter knew deep down you probably didn't mean what you said, so as the night went on he had time to cool off.

Ned realized something was off with Peter the moment they reconnected. He guessed Mj had hooked up with Brad and Peter caught them mid doing it, obviously he was wrong once he asked Peter.

"Dude," Peter's face scrunched up at the thought of them, "why would you say that?" He had asked Ned, quickly becoming uncomfortable.

There's nothing more Peter wanted than to move on from the subject, in fact he hadn't even really told Ned about you and him. There wasn't much to tell anyways, so what was Ned going to think when Peter complains about what you said? Is he going to think Peter's being a baby about it?

At that moment Ned put a comforting hand on Peter's shoulder, "look man, something's bugging you, what is it?" Ned quickly let his hand drop after that, not wanting to make it awkward.

Peter took a moment to compose his thoughts and turned to Ned, "it's just, Y/n and I were kind of starting to get...close?"

Ned quirked a brow and shrugged, "that doesn't sound bad to me."

It's not, peter thought to himself, I was enjoying it.

"She was talking to Brad for some reason," Peter begins his story, he puts a hand under his chin for support, "and basically, uh, she said she didn't really care about me, which just kinda sucks. "

Ned let his mouth fall open, he started to become angry. Peter is his friend he won't let someone just shit on him like that.

Ned glares at no one in particular, "look Peter I get she's hot but she doesn't deserve you-"

Peter quickly raises his hands to stop Ned mid sentence, "what!? No Ned t-that's not - I don't l-like her like that!"

The thought of having a crush on you had popped up in Peter's mind only once, but it had swiftly dissolved once he looked back Mj. He had to admit, you are pretty; the way your hair would cover your face when the wind would blow a certain way, or how your (e/c) eyes shimmered in the sun light did make his heart skip a few beats. That's not how he feels now though, he only has eyes for Mj, right?

Ned held up his arms in mock surrender, "geez, sorry Peter. I didn't mean to open a can of worms with your new crush." He teased.

Peter's face filled in with color and he made it apparent he wasn't going to look Ned in the eye, "whatever man, that's totally not what I was trying to explain to you."

Ned chuckled beside Peter, he chose to stay silent at that moment.

The thought of you had plagued Peter's mind the whole way up to his hotel room, where he had opened the door for both himself and Ned.

He walked in, not bothering to look around, and made his way over to his suitcase.

A loud thud brought him out of his thoughts, and when he turned around Ned was on the floor, a dart sticking out of his neck like a sore thumb.

"You're a very difficult person to contact, Spiderman."

||
G u y s this story has almost 1k reads! Thank you all so much for the support it's so unreal to see how many of you guys like this book! I love you all, stay tuned for the next chapter