{| - 5 - |}

{Jason's POV}

I walked down the corridor with the guards standing next to me. I lowered my head and kept my hands folded in front of me. "They said it would be today," I whispered. They didn't speak. "What's gonna happen to me?" My voice was barely audible. No response. I was told everything would happen today. Everything. I didn't know what this meant for me, but I was terrified.

The wall was short but it seemed like hours before we got to a lab room where I was told to sit on the table and stay still. I was too afraid to move - other than the constant shaking - and felt everything was moving too fast around me.

Doctors came rushing in with serums and flasks. Liquids sloshed around in phials and tablets lay next to them, along with a glass of water. One told me to take the glass of water and the pills. Shakily I reached out to take them. There were two reddish pills that looked the same and a larger white pill. "What are these for?" I asked.

"Two are pain relievers. The other is a nausea resisting medication." He said as I swallowed both the pills. I drank the rest of the water, the craving washing over me. I gave him the glass and he scurried away, other doctors rushing in after and checking me. Finally, after what seemed like hours, a doctor came in and said, "let's get started."

I didn't want to get started. I was told to take my shirt off. I shivered as the cold air hit me making goosebumps travel down my arms. "Let's begin phase one."A Doctor said as he strolled into the room. I gulped.

Taking a syringe full of black liquid, he came over to me. I whined as he moved my hair and injected to needle into my neck. I gasped as the liquid was injected into me; a pain starting to grow at the base of my neck. It grew and grew and grew, running down my spine until I was crying and screaming. It felt like my spine was breaking, and the sound of crushing and cracking fill the room.

It ripped through my skin, the pain unbearable. I looked down, seeing three large black rib bones snaking their way across my torso, hugging my body tightly and cutting through skin. I thought I might die. The pain didn't stop but the growing of the bones did. All down my spine and across my torso we're on fire. I screamed so much I tore apart my throat. My head pounded. Those stupid pills did me no damn good.

I panted, the pain slowly ceasing. The doctors stared and one moved a full body mirror in front of me so I was able to see myself. It was if a black charcoal rib cage had grown around me. The bones snaked down my spine as if creating a new one. The bones looked as if they were made of ash and charcoal. It curved off at the end making a small tail bone too. "Wh-What..?" I breathed out, tears running down my face. "H-How..?" I couldn't find my words; pain still flowing through my body.

   "Let's begin phase two, and bring me serum 267 and 527." The doctor said, and checked things off on the clipboard. Other doctors and nurses hurried off. One came back with the two serum and two needles and another came back with two weird looking metal  items. They were open and facing up with a small bar in one side in each of them. It looked as if you could close them and they would latch into a cylinder like object.

   I didn't notice until after the doctor collected some of the first serum - it was an inky black with swirls of gray - into the first needle, when another doctor came in along with a nurse who were carrying gas masks. I gave a confused look. A nurse came over and collected the second serum - it was a more silvery white - into the second needle. The doctor and nurse set down the needles, and put the gas masks on. Everyone else did too except for me. They handled the needles again and came over to me, and held both my arms. They injected both serums at the same time into the crook of my arm and stood back after taking it out and setting it down on the table next to them.