Chapter 13 - Luther

After the seventh day mass of the death of the artist Leonardo da Vinci, whose body was buried in the cemetery of Amboise, in France, Wythuya began a long period of journeys with his new friend: the writer Erasmus of Rotterdam. Would resort to Central Europe. The time had come to find the vessel that would take you back to the bay of Tupinambás, in Pindorama, or in the land of Brazil. Would return, finally, to the house, in the Andes; in Tiahuanaco, on the banks of the great Lake Titicaca.

They passed through Basel, where the Swiss thinker lived and grew, and then they went to the city of Barcelona, located on the coast of the Catalan Mediterranean. To reach the Iberian Peninsula, travelers would need to cross the Pyrenees, a mountainous belt of snowy peaks of over 3000 metres above sea level, representing Europe's southern border. A wall that prevented a massive Muslim invasion of Europe during the first centuries of that era.

In this stretch of Mediterranean coast, full of fishing ports, Whytuya would embark for Seville, in the south of the peninsula. Once in the kingdom of Castile, he would meet with the crew of the Spanish mission. In that city, they would board the ships under the protection of the Catholic kings. Finally, they would go to the tropics, integrated to the important expedition of circumnavigation of the Earth, captured by the Spanish navigator Fernando de Magalhães, along with João Elcano, first-immediate, and fulfilling the objective of the project.

Whytuya was especially interested in arriving in the mountains of Montserrat, in the city of Manresa, in the heart of Catalonia. This country was recently incorporated into the kingdom of Spain by Catholic kings. Leonardo da Vinci had informed that there was a sanctuary embedded in the rocks of those mountains, a hot spot, a transcendental place. Many locals believed that there was some source of energy there from ancient times. Every year, many pilgrims and curious climbed the mountain in search of answers, comfort and peace.

The Italian inventor had been in Montserrat many years ago, when he was still young and adventurous. At that moment in his life, he just traveled the world, seeking inspiration for his creations. It seems that, exactly on the heights of this Rocosa mountain range in Bages, Catalonia, the young Tuscan man had a transcendental experience that would transform him completely, as a man, artist, thinker.

But before, the travelers would make a stop in the region of Saxony, in the interior of Germanic territories, where lived an Ex-Communigned priest called Martin Luther. The still unknown German Healing defended a new current of thought within the powerful Catholic Church. This priest was attacking fundamental principles of the unwavering millennial institution. It was therefore a matter of extreme confidentiality and still unknown to most European kingdoms.Erasmus kept absolute secrecy about all information related to Luther's life, and principally about his reformist and non-traditional projects. The complete confidentiality of the correspondence of these writers was of paramount importance for the very safety of both. If they were accused of treason, they would pay for the crime with their lives. They were influential people in the European courts and this further aggravated the situation of the alleged conspirators.

The German shepherd was already in great danger of being sentenced to death for high treason. A punishment that would possibly extend to his entire family and social circle. Martin Luther was about to do something very dangerous for the community where he lived and preached his controversial point of view. I was thinking of publishing widely in society all these thoughts and criticisms of Catholicism. He did not yet know that it was something that would forever change religion in Europe and in the Western world. He was engendering Protestantism and the Reformation of the Catholic Church in the Old World.

The old Bavarian needed to meet with Erasmus, his confidant and friend for many years, to learn about the latest events in the world and the new Western trends of scientific thought and achievements. Martin finished writing the critical essay called The 95 Theses. A text that contradicted in several points the Catholic order and its fundamental structure. An uncontested and powerful tradition was to be challenged by a dissenting Augustinian monk. questioned among others things, the celibacy of priests, the worship of Catholic saints, the sale of indulgences and the authority of the Pope.