Chapter 14 -The Circunavigation

In Seville, there was a letter from King Francis of France, who recommended it for the select crew of the navigator D. Fernando de Magalhães. This helped him to get what he needed for the minimum of comfort during the long journey to the southern hemisphere.
It would be the return home, after all, to our hero. The definitive return to Tiahuanaco, his beloved Aymara village on the shores of Lake Titicaca, on the Colao plateau, from which he no longer intended to leave again. The man-condor had passed the forty summers. Nevertheless, he knew of the immense difficulties to come. The other time he was near home he was not so lucky. He was kidnapped by French. The journey would be long.

After arriving in Brazil, I would sail much further to the south of the American continent, on the southern borders of the Inca Empire, in Tierra del Fuego, home of the Araucanos and the Patagons giants. From the south of Tahuantinsuyo, I would try to make contact with some province or ldeia connected to the Inca Empire. With the help of the gods, he would be able to go unnoticed by the abundant robbers and enemy tribes of the kingdom. In less than a moon, you'd reach Cuzco.

But there was a lot of sea ahead. For the young Andean it was not difficult to engage in the vessel among the experienced sailors of the round the world expedition. It was able to quickly gain the confidence of the captain in the early days of his journey. The knowledge and experience on the high seas acquired by the numerous oceanic crossings of the Andean man made him one of the most accomplished sailors of the vessel Santo Antonio. Fernando de Magalhães commanded the Trinidad ship.

In total, there were five hardwood ships, more than five hundred crew members on board. In addition to the Trinidad and San Antonio, there were three others: the Santiago, Concepción and Victoria. The expedition was about the conquest of new lands and the exploitation of uncivilized places. Looking for sea passages, possible locations for settlement, ports for mooring and supplying, of course, spices and precious metals. Not all ships would return to Europe.
In the end, Fernando de Magalhães's mission was to fulfill Christopher Columbus's dream and project of finding an east-west route to the East, leaving a European port. Those sailors would find that the planet had no edges, was domed like a globe and that coming out of a point, it was possible to make a whole lap across the entire length of the earth sphere, and return to the same place.

A millennial myth was to be unraveled.They left Seville in the Christian year 1519. The winds brought them to the archipelago of the Canary Islands, the Atlantic islands of the Spanish crown. The scale in the Atlantic Ocean was quite fast. They soon set sail for Brazil and the southern seas. The European navigators already had coordinates quite approximate of almost all the points of the coast of Pindorama, but with the help of Whytuya, they would be able to right the course and sail with all the sails, directly to the bay of the Tupinambás, in the centre of the northeast coast of this vast territory.

These were days of easy navigation for the crew of Fernando de Magalhães and the five ships arrived without news in the immense bay of warm waters less than two months after leaving the Canary Islands. They were greeted with plenty of provisions. Taparica and Caramuru, the exiled Portuguese years ago, helped refuel the Spanish fleet.
A new division of territories was beginning for the new areas discovered on the planet. The Iberian nations started ahead in this expansionist race. Despite the enmity of these nations, Portugal and Spain, and being authorized to sink reciprocal ships around the world, Whytuya had achieved a truce during the short stay of Fernando de Magalhães in the quiet Bay of Tupinambás, a Portuguese colony, of course. Even so, in order not to risk massive damage and delay the schedule of the big project, they remained long enough for a rest, to replenish drinking water, and to recharge supplies.

After the landing in the village and a few days to prepare the five vessels, they again sailed south of the continent. First, they would travel to another great bay to the south, a thousand leagues away, in the mountainous lands of the Aimoré people. There, it was also at the limits of the Portuguese territory. A region locally named by the gentiles of Guanabara, river-sea. It was also a site of wild and nomadic tribes, like the goitacazes and the indomitable tapuias, who took advantage of the inexhaustible natural resources of those surroundings.
And once again, after some fleeting contacts and a quick site recognition, Whytuya followed trip with the European adventurers, according to the plan. He managed to improve his position inside the ship Santo Antonio, with a position of second sailor of the vessel. He captured the ship a man of dubious reputation, a traitor to the kingdom. Whytuya ignored any aspect related to Europeans and hoped to find the channel that unites the oceans, so to enter the Tahuantinsuyo, to go home.