The cane

⚠️warning: sad, and depressing.and NO broppy ☹️⚠️

*flashback*

Duke looked up at his master. Samuel and Duke were taking their daily walk around the woods where they lived. Samuel lived in the woods around troll village in a small stick cabin. He had found Duke as a lost pup in the woods a few years back. Samuel started walking down a different path. Duke looked at him, and followed. At the end of the path Samuel met a tall, young troll who was holding a cane. Duke cocked his head at the troll. "Hey Samie" the troll said. "Its Samuel, and you ready?" Samuel growled. "Yup" the troll said opening up a door to, what looked like a old shed without a roof. "Come"Duke looked at Samuel. He nodded. Duke followed the man. Then he shut the door. After a second, all you could hear was the cry's of pain from Duke. The man was beating him with the cane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~10 minutes later~~~~~~~~~

The man came out and handed the cane to Samuel. "He'll listen to you when you have this" the man chuckled. "Thanks"

*end of flashback*

Duke was still traumatized by this day, even though it was 13 years ago. Samuel pulled Duke off Poppy and laughed at her traumatized face. When he walked away, Duke started licking her face. Still shaking, she started petting him. "Hey boy, I can see you don't want to listen to him." Poppy whispered. Duke looked up at her with hurt and love in his eyes.

Poppy saw this, and knew that she had to get out of here, not only for herself

... but for Duke...

A/N
That was hard to write... hold on, I'm crying 😭
Sorry it's short, the next part doesn't really have a good spot to stop...
Oh... I got the basic idea of the whole cane thing... from the Netflix original "white fang." For some reason I like crying over dogs... that's a clue
Bye 👋

-:D-)—< (trust me, I'm weird)