Chapter 4: Interrogation + Irritation pt.2

Emo boy refused to say anything, even his name, which was really getting on Tony's nerves. Worse, he didn't seem to know who Tony was, and kept laughing at him. His ego couldn't handle this smug boy in a Panic! at the Disco tee shirt, black jeans, and an aviator jacket laughing at his glowing blue chest like he hadn't saved the world with this thing.  Who did he think he was?  Time to find out.

"What's your name kid?" Tony asked, since he wasn't matching anyone on record.

The kid smirked and said nothing.

"How old are you?"  The kid laughed like the thought of his age was hilarious.

"Do you know who I am?!" Tony almost yelled.

The kid put his composure back together, took a breath, and shook his head.

" I'm Tony Stark!" He shook his head.  "Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist?"  He shook his head again.  "Iron Man!?!" The kid thought for a moment, then looked up with an apologetic smile and shook his head once more.

Tony kept out of the chair. "That's it. I'm out.  I can't use famous person powers if the kid didn't even know who I am."  He walked out of the small cell right into Fury.

Fury wouldn't take no for an answer, so Tony very quickly ended up back in the cell. He took a deep breath and asked, "What can I call you? It's getting annoying referring to you as emo boy."

The kid thought for a minute. Maybe his name was sensitive information that could be used to reveal he was a spy from the fourties or something. Eventually, he spoke.

"Nico."

Tony sighed. "See, that wasn't so hard. Okay. So, we're going to skip the basic stuff because I'm tired. How do you know Perseus Jackson?"

"Can I talk to my friends?"

"No."

Nico didn't respond.  He took a breath and raised his eyebrows, like 'what are you gonna do about it if I won't talk'.  Tony tried to stare him down, which only served to put a smirk on Nico's face when Tony gave up.  Eventually, he just walked out.  He could not deal with that much sass. 

At that point, Steve had finished with Perseus for the moment.  When they shut both cell doors, Steve said, "Percy said I should talk to emo boy?  Did you get anything out of him?"

"He said to call him Nico, but that's all he would say.  Wanna switch?"  Cap walked into Nico's cell, which Tony took as a yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh. My. Gods! Captain America!!! "You're not dead!"

The Captain looked at him strangely. "Of course I'm not dead. Don't you watch the news? The Avengers save New York from Alien invasion?"

"Really? I don't watch the news, if it was this past summer I was a bit preoccupied. How are you not dead? When you crashed the plane, we all thought you died."

"The ice froze me until I was uncovered recently. Why do you talk like you were there?"

Nico spluttered for a minute, searching for an answer. "My history class," he said, but it sounded like a question. The Captain raised his eyebrows at him. Ugh, he could not deal with his idol from his original time period looking at him with such disappointment. Suddenly he had an idea. The truth was much less believable than any lies he could spin.

"Alright. You want to know the truth? I was born in 1932. My dad put me in a magical casino after my mom was struck by lightning, and I barely aged while in there."

Cap looked extremely skeptical. Good. "Who is your father?"

"Sorry, can't say."

"Mother?"

"Can't say."

"Got any siblings?"

"Well, I had a sister who grew up with me, but she died soon after we got out of the hotel. I have another half sister though."

"Alright. What does your camp do, specifically?"

"Um, we train for survival. It's like, wilderness, I guess."

"Where'd you learn to fight?"

"Our camp has, um, a self defense class."

"What's the name of your camp?"

"Can't tell you that, sorry. Can I talk to me friends?"

"Maybe." The captain got up and left Nico, trying to figure out what to tell them next time they came in.