Chapter 6: Questions and Actually No Answers, Just More Questions

Nico still wore the power-stealing cuffs, but when he and Percy were lead out of their interrogation rooms, they were cuffed together with normal handcuffs as well.  Jason too, on Percy's other side.  Five pairs of handcuffs, three demigods, it seemed a little excessive, but Nico went with it. Then, they were blindfolded, as if the whole thing with the interrogations weren't cliché enough. Gods these people really had a flair for the dramatic.

They were sat down on a couch, just three bros chilling, handcuffed together, being questioned by people in armor, spandex, and the American Flag. Tony had let his armor fly off in pieces, so he now stood in a t-shirt and jeans; however, he had a glowing blue circle that, as far as Nico could tell, was embedded in his chest, which was freakier.  The man with the bow was there, still in costume, but there was also a man in a button up shirt, looking out of place in a room full of people trying to intimidate three teenagers.

"Alright, so your together, now please-who the hell are you?" Tony asked.  "Like, can we at least get your full names?"

Percy looked at Nico and Jason. "Yeah guys, tell them your real names."

Jason sighed.  "Alright, but you're not going to believe us."

The red haired woman looked at Jason, doubt on her face.  "Try us."

"Okay then.  My name is Jason Grace."

Tony looked up to the ceiling.  "JARVIS?"

Nico startled a little bit when the ceiling responded.  "According to records,  Jason Grace has been missing and presumed dead since the age of two due to neglect from his mother.  Were he alive today, he would be seventeen.  There are no pictures of him.  His mother was an actress and a drunk by the time Jason was born, and after Jason's death his sister Thalia ran away and was presumed dead, as she was never seen again.  There are no records of the father of either of the Grace children."

When the voice on the ceiling was done, the team looked back to Jason.  It was the Captain who spoke.  "Yeah, kid, somehow I doubt that you managed to survive on your own for 15 years."

"Oh, I didn't."

"What," Tony asked indignantly, "were you raised by wolves?"

With a blank face, far better than Nico could have done given the situation, Jason calmly responded with, "Yes."

Silence for a moment, then Percy nudged Nico with his shoulder, obviously amused. "Oh, me? Alright, my name is Nico di Angelo."

Tony looked up again, and this time the ceiling responded without any verbal prompting.  "Nico di Angelo was born in 1933, son of Maria di Angelo and an unknown man. He lived with his mother and sister, Bianca di Angelo, until an explosion killed all three of them when Nico was eleven. The mother's body was found, while the children's were not, but they were presumed dead as they were never seen again. Two years ago, a boy and girl registered at a boarding school under the names of Bianca and Nico di Angelo, but they disappeared soon after. The girl dropped off the radar completely, while the boy was seen in random locations across America, and then this past summer appeared to be traveling with the group for at least part of their trip."

"So, you're impersonating a dead kid," Tony asked.

"No. Ask the Captain, I'm sure he remembers how I'm still alive."

Everyone turned to look at Cap. "He says that his dad put him in a magical hotel that he didn't age in."

"That sounds likely," Tony said.  "Now, what does your camp-"

Percy interrupted him.  "Oh my gods guys, I just realized-we don't have to be here!"  He started rustling around in his hoodie pocket, which is not easy wearing handcuffs, and pulled out his pen.  Riptide.