Chapter 10: The End, Probably

Tony looked at Cap in the middle of his curse, and awkwardly changed it to "Frick" halfway through.  Percy looked around the room, having nothing left to say.

Thor, fortunately, had the words for all of them.  "Perseus, would you mind telling my friends your story?"

"Um, okay.  Let's sit down."  They moved into the room they had been brought to when they first were interrogated.

They sat down, and they listened. Percy told the story of him up to Kronos's defeat first. Jason told his side of the same war. They told of getting their memories stolen by Hera and seeing the other camps. Of Hazel's death and resurrection. Of finding each other. Running off to Greece and Rome. Of Annabeth's quest. Of the statue. Of Tartaraus, though Percy and Annabeth spoke little of the subject. Of finally defeating Gaea.

The Avengers did not speak. They gaped. Thor looked like he was having the time of his life listening to the people he had heard about. Loki was listening, but she flinched whenever the demigods described killing monsters or fighting evil. At the description of Luke's final moments, where Percy's voice broke and Annabeth shed tears, Loki buried her head and turned away. Percy couldn't tell whether it was shame or sadness, or envy or regret.

When the stories were done, the Avengers had questions.

Natasha was slightly confused by the idea of the Amazons.  Now that she knew about them, she was pretty sure she had met some and had been invited to join about 20 years back.  She had refused, but it made more sense now.  She accepted the gods with only mild confusion.

Clint was very confused, but Percy got the sense that he usually was. He sputtered a bit at the Greek Gods, but he decided to roll with it. He had questions about their adventures, and the demigods answered.

Bruce was fascinated. He was especially interested in the genetics of the gods and demigods, but none of them really knew how to answer his science questions. They told him what they knew-demigods can date anyone but their cabin mates, and the Greeks had no problems with incest. He wanted a blood sample from some of them. Will, the most used to needles, took that bullet for them.

Thor has few questions. He knew the stories, and he loved them. Loki sat on the floor next to him, studying the signatures on the handle of the hammer that kept her chain pinned to the floor. She looked numb.

Tony had many questions about their adventures. How exactly they killed this monster or found that thing. Mostly, his questions went to Leo. It was like they were soulmates or something, the amounts of technical questions they asked each other.

Steve had trouble processing. The other Avengers had been mentally in places to accept the Greek pantheon. Steve, however, was Christian, and was having a hard time reconciling the two ideas. Jason was the one who actually helped with that, surprisingly. He told Cap that maybe they could both exist, that God was still the highest power and the Greek Gods were not gods, but higher beings, sort of like angels. The idea helped Steve a lot.

The questions quickly dissolved into small groups.  Will and Thalia were showing off their archery skills to Clint, shooting feathers off pigeons(without hurting the birds) and sending Jason to retrieve them.  Annabeth and Leo were alternating pestering Tony, about the building and his suit, respectively.  Reyna and Natasha were talking about who knows what in the corner, and were soon joined by Piper and Calypso.  Bruce was probably still off analyzing their genes somewhere.  Cap was smiling down at Nico and Hazel, and Frank stood by her side, supportive.  Percy was talking to Thor, Loki off to the side. 

Eventually, Thor left to go speak to the others.  Percy was about to go find Annabeth when Loki hissed at him.

"The boy, Luke.  He harmed you and your friends greatly, did he not?"  She asked.