Meeting James Cardell

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, it's been really very long... I know and it sucks. I'll try to be more punctual from now on. It's just that, well, as I've said before, I've been having a really rough time for a few days and I know that you guys will understand, because I believe that you all have gone through heartbreak and pain and all that shit. So, back to our point, I'll try and update on time. Thank you so much for your patience and for choosing to stick it out with me.
---------------------------------------------------------

"So, I'm guessing you've heard, huh?"

"Yeah, he told me in the morning, well he had to. If not as his best friend but as a reporter at least, I had to be informed."

"So, did you take up that big job offer you'll be getting out of this?"

"Ele, darling, you know that though I am determined to reach the pinnacle of news reporting, I won't ever get it at my best friend's expense."

Chase gave Eleanore a cheesy smile to which Ele replied with a kick on his shins. Oh, how much he loved this girl!

"He made you reject it, didn't he?" Ele smiled.

"Yes love, you know me. He knocked me to the ground, like literally and warned me that he would literally kill me if I took that job."

"Told you I know you darling." Eleanore laughed. It had been a long time since Chase had last seen her and by long time, he meant four days. Her laugh echoed through the tiny house that he lived in and made it feel like it was even better than a gigantic palace, it made him feel home.

She always had this effect on him, almost like an enchantress putting a spell on some young boy and he loved her for it, he loved everything about her.

Looking at her from across the sofa, he was taken aback by her beauty for the millionth time in the last few hours they spent together. Her light brown eyes, a family trait. Everyone in the Cardell family had light brown eyes, keeping in mind how many they were! The genes in her family were very apparent, not only in the eyes but in the light brown hair they all had and their attitude and a brain made for buisness. According to the stories Chase had listened to, even their mother was a business woman, apparently she was the one who had established the Cardell buisness when James was still pursuing education.

"Stop looking at me like that," she said and broke his train of thoughts.

"Like what, Ele?"

"You know what I'm talking about. I know that you love me and think I'm beautiful and blah blah but the way you look at me like that really creeps me out. I mean I'm all up for loving you, you know I do but doing this crazy stuff is not really me."

"I know. I don't know how to stop."

Just that, only the 8 words and everything changed. Eleanore's hard exterior melted right off and all Chase could see now was a girl madly in love. Someone who could take over the entire world but did not have the courage to admit that she loved someone. She was too determined all the time but now, sitting in a tiny apartment going through the misery of having a brother like Seb and looking at the man she loved the most in this world, Chase saw the girl he had fallen for.

Chase knew he had his limits with her, considering that they were not really in a relationship but he could not control himself as he closed the distance between them and brought his lips down against her.

                            *****

Lord Adrian Garcia believed himself to be the most successful businessman with only one other man to compete against his assets and power and that man was no other than the boy he had treated like his own child, his only son Eugene's best friend Sebastian Cardell. But Adrian wasn't fazed. With so much wealth and power to flaunt, he did not stop using the title 'Lord' even when the power behind that word was lost. The 20th CE, he believed was stupid for banishing such titles that signified power.