The Great Athlean Prison...

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,
I wanna thank you for sticking out with me for this long. So this chapter is basically a tiny description of the surroundings that Sebastian finds himself in. It does not include much dialogues and is not really a fun chapter but it is a significant chapter as most of the stuff that happens later is kinda based on whatever I demonstrate here.
---------------------------------------------------------

The Althean prison was a massive place specifically constructed for keeping in the major federal criminals of the highest ranks in society, someone like The Sebastian Cardell. It was more of a luxurious hotel or a gigantic palace where rich people spent their vacations than a prison. The prison had every luxury that money could buy and the word 'inmate' was synonymous to Royalty here.

This prison, the great Athlean prison took in only the wealthiest and most famous members of society. Situated near the shore, this prison was made on the initiative of the higher classes because their crimes were catching up to them and they needed a place to show the world that power brings in luxury, even when they are supposed to serve time for their sins. The ones at the top don't ever touch the ground.

As for Sebastian, he had known for a long time that the Athlean prison was going to be his new abode. He could get out of there sooner but considering the paperwork his lawyers, Eugene and Chase had to handle, it looked like his release would take some time.

Sebastian wasn't worried about the prison, he knew he'd live like a king there and that he'd have no problem with the lifestyle but the problem he faced was of his business. Though he knew that every publicity is supposed to bring more fame, people would react very aggressively once they found out about his acts. They would be furious, out of their minds and they had a right to too, hell, they had a right to destroy everything that belonged to Sebastian, cause riots, anything, he had indeed commit the largest financial fraud in the history of mankind!

Sebastian was never very empathetic when it came to money matters, that's why when he took away the money of millions of people, he didn't feel bad. The only reason he felt bad was the tiny glitch that would take place in his business and wealth. He was sure that he would get his business on track in no time and his wealth too, he knew himself and he knew what he was capable of. He had an almost narcissistic convention of belief in himself.

When Sebastian Cardell was being escorted to the prison by two tough looking policemen who were present more to guard Sebastian than to prevent his escape; the reporters started bombarding him with questions as soon as he got in the car, Sebastian kept his mouth sealed. People of power know the kind of control words have over situations and some incidents aren't meant to be filled with soulless banter.

It was not much different though, reporters flocked around him all the time and he was no strange to policemen, the only difference was the new destination towards which he was headed.

From what he had heard, the prison did not sound bad but when he got to see it in person, he was blown away.

Sitting in the car, he noticed the change in the his surroundings. It grew quiet and there was more greenery here and the salty scent of sea was noticeable in the atmosphere. The weather was pleasant, peaceful. One could actually like this place!

Seb saw the prison-cum-palace from a distance and could not stop but gape at the gigantic structure in front of him. The refined architecture could be aplauded from a few hundred miles away. The place was painted white with designs of gold and violet and red. The white paint was so bright that it almost looked like this megastructure shone in the daylight. It was magnificent, truly and completely a beauty. Sebastian couldn't help but marvel at the power money could construct.

As the car approached the destination, Sebastian could tell that he was going to spend some really good time at this place. A valet opened his car door and he was greeted by a military captain.

"Good evening sir Sebastian, I am Captain Trevor and I am going to be your ummm... escort around here." Captain Trevor was a tall man but his posture made it look like he was crouching in fear. He looked uncertain and his voice did not match his heavy frame.

"Is my luggage here?"

"All your luggage has been sent to your room, like you wanted it to be and your room is made and ready. So would you like to retire to your room or have a tour of this place?"

"My room."

The Captain gave a modest bow and motioned for Sebastian to follow him. He looked like a good fellow, one who just wanted to finush his duty and get this over with. He kept talking throughout their walk, describing the prison and the significance of various parts of the place. Well, again, prison was not the right word to describe this place, it was a freaking palace and so much more than a palace.

The Captain kept talking but Seb did not bother listening to him and surveyed his surroundings. Marbles, he thought, these pillars are made of marble. His mind was busy calculating how much this place was worth. And to be honest, he was at a loss of words. Despite the reputation of Athlean, he did not expect it to be this way.

Nobody was allowed to come inside a 5km radius of the premises of the prison except for family members and visitors of the inmates. Anyone within 5km without a reasonable statement to support their actions was ruthlessly punished.

Journalists and news reporters were barred from any type of interviews or professional visits and everyone had to sign an agreement of discretion. That was why there were no pictures or articles on the physical appearance of this great prison, only the word of mouth marvelling about this place.

As Seb scanned the entire place, he realised that it was worth more each and every rumour that boasted the magnificence of the place. Firstly, the place was huge, with enormous halls and corridors, then the work done on designing the place was intricate, perfect. All the while, the only question in Seb's mind was that why would someone waste money on making this place a prison when they could make it into a five star hotel or a personal palace or a museum. But he knew better, the upper classes have a way with everything.

There were delicate paintings hanging every few feet, the passage was decorated with the best of the furniture and the guards that stood on duty were of the highest ranks. Sebastian did not meet any inmate till now but he knew most of the huge names that filled this place, whenever a person was sent to the Athlean prison, the media ensured that the news spread in every part of the world.

His thoughts were interrupted by the Captain. "This is your room sir. Your luggage is in place."

Sebastian went over to the security lock and typed the entry password he had been sent in the letter. As soon as he finished typing, the giant doors opened and revealed his room.

"I'll leave for now. If you need anything, just call me and your valet is ready for service too." The captain gave a bow and walked away.

The room was large, there was a huge sofa and a T.V. here. All the furniture was of the best quality and the interior was designed with care. He walked through the connecting door to the kitchen and dining room of the place, everything here was like the rest of the prison, exclusive, elite. He walked on and opened a door. It was his bedroom. There was a king size bed and a divan along with a closet and a few other decorative items. The window from this room overlooked the apple orchard that was part of the prison. The height was not too much, only three floors.

As Sebastian looked at the enormous bed, he remembered his tiny bed at Eugene's house and realised that he was going to inconvenienced for a few days.

He thought of money, business and the apple orchard as his head hit the pillow and sleep took over him.

                              *****

---------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, thank you for sticking out with me and reading this book.
I might need a few extra chapters to describe the Athlean prison, this place is gigantic, like really very huge and it has significant features that need detailing.
I'll try to update the next chapter as soon as possible.
Till then.

Yours truly,
Riya J
---------------------------------------------------------