A New Avenue

I remember sitting on my computer with Jordan for hours searching for any hint of Ryan. Calling about a hundred or more boarding and public schools that resided in Indiana and Nevada. There was no sign of him. We searched every social media site and forum but got nowhere.

We didn't have the reach to get other people's help. To get them to share posts and spread its range. That's when it started to hit us. We needed to gain some traction. Doing it on our own wasn't getting us anywhere.

Jordan and I played music together and had never really thought about going into it as a job. But after spending all that time making calls and doing social media things, we realized that maybe we should try. If maybe we can gain a small gathering, we would have a better chance. It wasn't the steadiest way to start taking music seriously, but that's the beginning of the band's creation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordan tossed his cellphone besides him on a bed.

"Ugh. Another fail."

Spencer frowned as he crossed out the school name from the list they had made.

"No luck on my end either..."

"Do you think we should try another State?" Jordan asked plopping back onto the bed.

"I don't know what State to even change to... This is the last year that he'd be in high school... After that..." Spencer sighed and put his head on his desk.

"It'll be nearly impossible to find him."

Spencer groaned in frustration and sat up.

"It would be so much easier if like... I had a bunch of people searching that would be such a help."

Jordan sat up quickly.

"That's it!"

"What's it?" Spencer turned to his friend.

"Getting more people to help." Jordan got up and went over to the desk and sat on Spencer's lap and started to type away on the computer.

Spencer's face warmed up and he watched over Jordan's shoulders. He was in the process of making a list of things to do.

"What are you doing?"

"Well you play drums." Jordan started.

"Uh huh. And?"

"I sing and play guitar and keyboard."

"Uh huh."

"Let's start a band."

Spencer tilted his head.

"A band? Doesn't that take... Like a crap ton of work?"

"That's what the list is for."

"Oh, I see."

Jordan focused on making his list. Spencer rested his head on Jordan's shoulder and closed his eyes. The school year was going to be over in a few months. That wouldn't be enough time to get established enough to get the social media help they needed. They tried everything two 16-year-old boys could do.

But maybe, just maybe if they do this, they can reach a wider range. It might be a longer process, but it just might be the saving grace that Spencer needed. Spencer held up his wrist and opened his eyes to look at his soulmark and tattoo.

'I'll do it. I'll get famous and get a larger following. I'll get their help spreading the range and find you.' Spencer promised as he placed his lips against the soulmark.