Chapter 45~Fire and Concrete

~A/N: Buckle up, buttercup~

The sky was grey, rain falling around us as we stood outside. Each of us were stacked with ammo and weapons, ready for the attack that was inevitably going to happen any minute. We were all spread out, along with Ohm's men, we covered a large area. I, along with Brock and a couple of Ohm's snipers, sat on top of the bunker's roof. The only cover coming from the high ledge and a few electric box's for heating and cooling. Static rang through my ear piece as I breathed out, calming my nerves as I watched the backs of all the men.

"Enemy inbound, stay alert." Brian said through the coms, jogging back to his original position near the front gates, steadying his own weapon. 

Sure enough, brown and black trucks rolled in, enemies spilling out of the vehicles and quickly taking position.  I watched as the enemy gained their stances, giving information on locations through coms as the gunfire started. I shot, taking a couple of men out from the opposing team. Adrenaline flushed through my veins as I became hyperaware of the enemies on the field.

Men ran from both sides, meeting in the middle to fight. I gave cover fire as I was able to, taking down a few here and there to protect those I cared about. Enemies kept rolling in, new vehicles showing up every few minutes, clearly outnumbering us. I lost track of many of the guys, only being able to see a few as I reloaded quickly. My heartbeat was loud in my ears, drowning out the gunfire, my hands shaking as I took shots left and right. 

Seconds felt like hours, bullets narrowly missing us as we continued to shoot. The smell of sweat and blood was think in the air, the grass tainted red with blood from both sides. The number of enemies never seemed to decrease, though ours dwindled rapidly. 

Commands were being shouted constantly from various members of the defending team, the static between voices stirring us into a frenzy as we all feared for our friends around us. I drew my gun up, refocusing my aim as I took shots at the enemies vehicles, hoping to distract them with an explosion. 

"I'm going down." I said, jumping up. I grabbed my gun and jumped from the roof before Brock could stop me. I landed on an awning over the door. My body wasn't covered, but I had a bit of a better vantage point. I scanned the area, trying to take down enemies as I went. 

"FourZero, on your right!" I yelled through coms, watching in horror as a grenade detonated. Scotty went flying through the air, the blast knocking him from his feet as he tried to run. "They have grenades!" I warned, dodging a few bullets before Del took the man down. I was unaware as to if he was hurt, seeing Del run to him for aid.

Fire's spread quickly, multiple grenades having gone off in various parts of the yard. I threw my gun to the side, the ammo having run out. I jumped down from the awning signalling Brock to continue cover fire as I ran towards the yard. Many men laid on the ground, some missing limbs while others were surrounded by a pool of blood. I took out my handgun, sprinting as fast as I could through the field, taking down as many enemies as I could. 

"6!" Someone yelled, catching my attention. I stopped in my tracks, looking around trying to find the source. "Over here!" The voice yelled. I looked to my left, finding Marcel quickly. I ran to his side, taking a moment once I was covered to catch my breath. "This is a blood bath! We need to retreat!" He yelled. I nodded in agreement, my lungs burning from the smoke in the air. An earsplitting ring came through coms, Marcel and I throwing the ear piece off instantly to get away from the noise.

"They took out our coms!" I yelled over the noise of the war around us. Marcel took on a worried stance, each of us looking around us, trying to find our group, though smoke filled the air and clouded our vision.