t w o

it was 5:15pm when i looked at the time, and i decided to start getting ready. i didn't want to impress this guy because who knows, maybe he was taken, or maybe he was gay, so i decided to go in mom jeans and an oversized vintage t shirt tucked into them. i wore my black checkered vans to it as well as a necklace. i sprayed on some gucci perfume and walked over to my dressing table.

i done my make up, but it was light, cute, and simple. by the time i finished, it was 5:55pm, so i walked downstairs to find my mum, dad, and brothers already there.

"you ready?" my dad asked.

i nodded. "hey, also, how long are we going to be staying there?"

"around 2 - 3 hours?" he replied. "why?"

great. two hours with someone that i don't know. who knows, he might be hot as well, and i'd have to control myself from texting all of my friends, i thought. "oh, nothing. just wondering."

he nodded. "let's go then."

we walked out out into our front porch and i looked into his window. he was doing his bed. haha, i thought, i guess his family asks him to clean his room when guests come around too. but i still couldn't see his face. he was turned around with his back facing me.

we walked up to their front door and rang their doorbell. as soon as we done that, i heard a deep bark from inside.

"oh, they have a doggie too." i said, smiling. "cute."

my mum smiled and a middle aged man opened the door. "hey! you must be maggie, i'm zach." he said while shaking my mums hand. "and you must be liam." he said while shaking my dads hand. "aaaand." he said while gesturing to me and my brothers.

"i'm lauren." i smiled as i shook his hand. my brothers had done so as well. he smiled back at us. "well, come in! my wife and i were just about to lay the food out, make yourself at home."

as we entered, i saw their german shepherd laying on the floor and i instantly thought of jack. all of a sudden, their son came down the stairs. and oh my god let me tell you he was cute.

"oh, of course, and this is my son, aidan." zach said.

"hey." aidan said, with a smirk. but he still had not looked at me.

"aidan, this is lauren, she's your age and she's going to the same high school you are." zach said.

aidan looked at me and smiled. i awkwardly smiled back.

"now that we've all introduced ourselves to each other, let's go to the dining room." zach said.

aidan was walking behind me and i felt a bit insecure if i say so myself. he was really tall. i mean to be fair every boy is taller than me because i'm 5'2 so maybe to other people he wasn't tall, but to me he was. their kitchen was similar to ours, but brown, whereas ours was white. he sat in front of me. great. what if i look stupid when i ate?

he didn't really look at me, which i was thankful for, because to be honest i wasn't looking for anyone as of this moment.

aidan's mum, clara, was really nice. she was a woman in her late 30's, but acted like a woman in her late 40's, which i found the cutest thing ever.

"so, lauren." clara said. "do you have a boyfriend?"

aidan looked at me. why now?

i blushed. oh god no. "no, i don't."

he then looked back when i said that and seemed to have loosened a bit. calm down there boy, you haven't said anything to me this whole evening, let alone you've only looked at me twice? we aren't going into anything anytime soon.

"smart girl. focus on your studies." she said.

i smiled. yeah, that's unlikely if the school i'm going to has hot boys like your son.

the rest of the evening was chill and relaxed. aidan and i exchanged a few glances, but nothing too much. we didn't talk at all, and it somehow wasn't awkward either.

we left to go home at 10PM and all said bye to each other. it was kinda awkward between aidan and i because we didn't know whether to hug or shake hands. in the end, we decided on nothing a just said "bye." i honestly wasn't mad though.

it was 11PM by the time i took a shower and done my skincare. i could see that aidan was on his bed, drawing, and i was pleasantly surprised because i didn't expect him to be the drawing type.

he looked up and instantly saw me.

i awkwardly smiled and he waved at me. isn't this a bit too much energy? i thought. at dinner he wasn't this happy to have the chance to get to know me.

before i knew it, he was going up to his window, opening it, and going out into the balcony. his balcony was way better than mine, it was honestly a mini room. there were fairy lights on the railings, there was a huge love sack, and i wondered how many girls have been on that. there was also a little table with two chairs, meanwhile mine had nothing.

i walked outside as well. "hey."

he replied back, "hey."

"you're acting different?" i laughed.

"i'm sorry, i don't really like opening up to new people around anyone else but the person i'm getting to know." he said.

understandable, i thought. "i get you."

he smiled and nodded. for the rest of the night we talked about ourselves and to be honest just life in general. i found out quite a few things about aidan though, his birthday was on the 23rd of march, he grew up in maine, and he's only been living in california for 7 months.

"it's kinda weird how we both grew up in small towns/states and now we're here, living in california." i said.

he smiled. "yeah, how quick things change."

i yawned. "yep."

"alright i can see that you're tired, i mean, it is 2am anyways" he said while looking at his phone.

2am already?! "oh god i didn't even realise it was this late!"

he smiled. "goodnight lauren."

"goodnight aidan."

and with that, we both closed our doors and shut our blinds, and went to sleep.