f o u r

when i got home, my dad started to paint my walls. surprisingly, it only took about 3 hours to dry, so he was able to set up the shelves as well. during that, i stayed in my living room with my brothers.

"have you guys heard from aidan?" i asked.

"why?" cal asked. "have you got a crush on him?" elliot and him cooed as i put my head down.

"no, morons." i laughed. "it's just that we got kind of close and i have no idea where he is."

"and we should know where he is because?" elliot asked. "we've never even hung out with the guy."

i shrugged. "okay tell me if you see him."

they nodded. it was really warm outside today so i decided to go to our pool. i quickly ran upstairs and got dressed into my yellow bikini - my favourite one. i grabbed my unicorn pool float and pumped it up. over the next three hours i sunbathed and swam in the pool. jack was with me to keep me company. weirdly, i didn't see aidan at all in his room, nor did i see him leave the house or go to his garden.

when i came back, my whole room had been completely decorated and cute. i thanked my dad for the hard work and went into the bathroom and took a shower. i put on an oversized hoodie and let my hair down, put on my fluffy socks and played the neighbourhood. i adored their music. i looked over at aidan's house but he still wasn't in his room. maybe he was taking a shower? i turned on my fairy lights and starting packing my bag for school. tomorrow was our first day. i was kind of nervous but then at the same time i was excited. aidan was going to show me around the school, and i couldn't wait to see it.

the thing that i wanted to know the most was whether aidan was popular or not. he looked like it, but then he didn't at the same time. he looked like one of the two, he was either the popular guy that the whole school knows, aka, the typical grunge aesthetic fuckboy that loads of girls have gone out with, or the cute grunge music guy that's a popular loner - a lot of people knew him and he knew them, but he only really had a few close friends.

i really hoped it was option two, because to be honest, i didn't get granted the lucky opportunity of moving to la, just to hang out with some major fuckboy that half of the girls in the grade hate because he broke their hearts!

i moved onto my bed to facetime my best friend, hannah. i missed her so much already and it hadn't even been that long yet. over the next hour or so, i facetimed her and weirdly, aidan still wasn't in his room. his light hadn't turned on once and i didn't see him get into bed.

i told her all about aidan, about how he was cute, but i didn't have a crush on him! and i also told her about how nice he was.

i took my headphones off and instantly heard my brothers shouting downstairs. it was 12 am! what were they thinking?

"can you guys quieten it down a bit? i'm trying to sleep." i shouted from the top of the stairs.

"damn, you're boring, lauren." a voice said.

aidan? "aidan?" i asked. "what are you doing here? i haven't seen you all day."

"oh yeah, aidan." cal said. "lauren was talking about you all day."

i shook my head. "no i wasn't! i asked once." i walked down the stairs and i saw the boy himself, laying on my couch, playing with my brothers on the console.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" i laughed.

"he's playing with us, lauren. he's so much cooler than you." cal said.

"ha. ha." i said sarcastically. "no one is cooler than me."

aidan looked at me and winked. "i've won."

"oh shut up you don't even know me. chill." i said.

"i do know you! and, well, you can't deny we've bonded quite well." he said.

i laughed awkwardly. "right."

i was pouring myself a glass of orange juice and aidan came up next to me. "what do you say we go to your room? i'm bored." he whispered.

i thought for a second. "alright, but if you try do anything to me i'll fucking slap the shit out of you." i said.

"alright i'll tryyyy." he joked while holding up his hands.

"stranger." i glared at him.

"does she glare at you guys too?!" aidan asked.

"always." cal and my other brother, elliott replied.

"damn you, windsor." aidan said.

i turned around. "how the hell do you know my last name?"

"i mean i've kind of been hanging out with your brothers for the past hour." he said. "you little posh brit."

"i'm not posh, nor am i british." i laughed.

we spend the next hour watching netflix, and we eventually fell asleep. luckily, my bed was big, meaning i was as far away as i could from aidan.

before i knew it, it was 6am and aidan was dancing to the neighbourhood in front of me.

"good morning to you too." i laughed.