21. Pub brawl

After stumbling back to the hotel I found that some of my group had reunited, both Matt and Rowan looking worn and disappointed, their searches ending with nothing. They seemed to perk up when they saw the chipper look on my face though.

"Guess who hit jackpot," I held my hand in the air, Matt slapping it enthusiastically, "Eris works at a pub down the block, she agreed to help us out if we meet her there for dinner tonight."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Matt cheered, "I swear I've been up and down this whole city street and I could not find a single person who knew the name."

"Me either, lucky us you found her at least," Rowan laughed, pulling me into his side and letting me nestle into his grip.

"Where do we need to go from here?" Matt asked, curiosity in his voice.

"Norway, there's a village where they used to keep the piece that's abandoned now. The only thing we need to worry about is Jötunn but Eris has experience with them so we should be okay."

Just then Xavier and Summer came back through the door, both of them chatting happily and carrying contagious smiles that spread through the rest of the group. They were of course unsuccessful but elated with the knowledge their searching wasn't entirely in vain; Suzhe hadn't even left the hotel apparently, as she was found in the cafeteria stuffing her face with French toast and nursing a hangover of 'extreme proportions', in her words of course. We all grabbed a little midday snack, passing along jokes and stories until we finally decided to take the party upstairs. Xavier split off to take a nap while I followed Suzhe to the room she had, her bed cozy and warm while we watched cartoons and talked like two girls at a slumber party.

"I've been talking to this girl back in the states," she gave me a cheeky smile while she looked at her phone, "I really like her. I'm not one much for monogamy but damn I'd like to take her out on a date."

"Do it, don't miss your chance," I urged her, a smirk on my face, "speaking of dates I need to call Ramona."

"That's right, isn't she finally seeing someone?"

"Mhm, it's not official-official yet but she likes him," my eyes scanned my contacts until I found her number, tucking the phone against the pillow as I listened to the dial tone and waited for her to pick up.

"It's early," Ramona's groggy voice picked up on the other end, "what do you want?"

"It's not that early drama queen, I'm checking in. We made it up to Sweden okay and we found our next lead."

"Oh good, that makes me feel a little better," she laughed cheekily, "I was worried you were going to get up there and find out she was dead or something."

"No, she's actually really sweet," I rolled over to look out the window as I spoke, "she's taking us to Norway to look for the next piece."

"Sounds like a plan, I hope you don't have to run around too much to find this damn thing."

"You and me both Moony," I grumbled, "other than that, how's everything at home? You and Vince getting along fine?"

"Oh he's been in the most romantic mood lately, this guy literally stopped by the apartment just to give me flowers. Vince bought calla lilies too, he actually listened when I told him my favorite flower. Who does that?"

"Guys who either really want in your pants or are head over heels in love with you," I teased, "I'll have to meet him when I come home. I'm hoping we don't have to be out here for the whole month but we're already halfway there."

"You'll find it Mina, I know you will," she chuckled, "I've got class in like twenty minutes, I'm going to get my ass out of bed and try to make it before the bell. I'll call you soon, okay?"