{small town singer}

"drew looks at me , i fake a smile so he won't see, that i want and i'm needing, everything that we should be"

emily woke up happy and in the best mood she could ever possibly be in. she ran down the stairs of her and two's house and went into the kitchen to find two bit making them breakfast. "well good morning em." two bit said smiling at her as she sat down on a stool. he passed her some scrambled eggs, her favorite, and asked her how she slept and things like that. 

after emily finished her eggs, she rushed back upstairs to her bedroom and got herself ready for the day. she wore a light blue/ grey bikini top, with a yellow hawaiian style skirt. she put her naturally curly hair into a half up half down and sprayed on some perfume. 

as emily walked down the stairs again two bit gave her a look of disapproval; she knew he wouldn't love the outfit, but she didn't care, she had to get to the lake house, where she was going to be singing for most of her day. 

emily loved to sing, and their aunt amelia used to own a bar/lake house before she passed away nine months ago, so the new owner gave emily a gig. she sang there for twenty cents an hour every monday from 11 am to 2 pm. it was definitely worth it to her, but she didn't think anyone else really believed in her, and her dreams of becoming a star. 

emily arrived at the lake house, which was about twenty minutes outside of tulsa, and she got her guitar and microphone set up at 10:45.

the day had been going by very smoothly, and she was about to preform her last song, when she saw the gang walk in. it was just the gang, no sandy, no evie, sylvia was hardly ever around the entire gang, but this was the first time in a long time emily had seen soda and steve alone. she smiled and waved at them as she sat down on her little stool in front of the microphone. she smiled as she spoke into the microphone and said "okay you guys, this is my last song today, this one is called, 'cold as you'."

"you have a way of coming easily to me, and when you take, you take the very best of me. so i start a fight cause i need to feel something, you do what you want cause i'm not what you wanted. oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day. so just walk away, ain't no use defending words that you will never say. and now that i'm sitting here thinking it through, i've never been anywhere cold as you. you put up walls and paint them all a shade of grey. and i stood there loving you and wished them all away. and you've come away with a great little story, of a mess of a dreamer, with a nerve to adore you. oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day. so just walk away, ain't no use defending words that you will never say. and now that i'm sitting here thinking it through, i've never been anywhere cold as you. you never did give a damn thing honey, but i cried, cried for you. and i know you wouldn't have told nobody if i died, died for you, i died for you. oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day. ohhh. every smile you fake is so condescending counting on the scars you make . and now that i'm sitting here thinking it through, i've never been anywhere cold as you. oooohhh." 

emily hopped off the stage and smiled, walking over to the gang. "that was amazing!" pony exclaimed happily to her. pony honestly seemed like the only one to really have any faith in her. the others pretended to, but she could honestly just see right through it, but she acted like she totally believed them when they said they had faith in her. "thank you!" she beamed hugging her brother and then going down the line of boys, giving them each her warm light hearted hugs. "what are you guys doing here, shouldn't y'all be at work?" emily asked suddenly snapping back to reality. "we got off early today to come see you." steve smiled and nudged her arm playfully, sending butterflies all over her stomach. "oh wow, you guys didn't have to do that." she smiled happily, even though she was glad they did, even though she felt bad they were missing work for her. "we didn't have to, but we wanted to." soda said putting his arm around emily.  

as the gang started filing out of the lake house, emily walked out laughing, with her two best friends on each side of her. emily got onto her bike and rode off and down to the curtis house for the rest of the summer evening. as emily rode away, steve felt himself get sad that she was leaving. what?, no this can't be an actual feeling i have. i'm with evie, and i'm perfectly happy with her, emily is just a friend steve. plus, she could never feel the same way. steve thought to himself, as he got into his truck with soda, and left to go to the curtis house.