02 • just coffee!

• • •

• • •

Wooyoung

I wake up just a couple seconds before my phone alarm sounds off, eyes drowsily opening to take in my low lit room. Light has already started to push through the opened windows, indicating that the day has once again begun. This makes me demotivated, and I can't shake off the tiredness that suddenly overwhelms me.

The sun's pale orange rays irritate my sensitive eyes, and for a few moments I roll over on my bed, facing away from the windows and sinking my body into my comfortable duvet. I squeeze my eyes shut, and the darkness that greets me relaxes my mind once more. I feel like I might actually go back to sleep if this continues.

My phone's alarm goes off again, and I groan, turning around and glaring hard at the grey ceiling. It isn't difficult for me to feel the slightest bit agitated with this situation. It's unfortunate that I happen to have several morning classes today, and the first one is in an hour and a half.

God, I hate mornings.

Goosebumps decorate my skin the second I land my feet on the floor, pushing them into my conveniently placed bunny slippers. Slowly and steadily (since I don't trust my motor skills when I've just woken up), I make my short journey to the bathroom, before switching the faucet on and washing my face with the water that leaves it.

The cold water definitely does its job of snapping me awake, and after I'm done with that I step out of the bathroom --

Only to see a guy sat at the table closest to the kitchen, clicking through his laptop like no one's business, his dark hair falling into his eyes.

"Holy -- " I almost shout in fright (as I've always been one to get scared of shadows easily, unluckily), and as a result of my fright and other unbalanced emotions, the singular brown mug on the kitchen counter falls to the ground, shattering into little pieces.

The sound it makes is disasterous, and San looks up at that moment, locking eyes with me before even staring at the now destroyed mug. And just like yesterday night, the vampire's expression reveals nothing. He just stares at me.

"S-Sorry," I stutter. Half of my surprise comes from the fact that I'd sort of forgotten about him as soon as I fell asleep, and even as I woke up. But now that he's here, his presence is one I can't simply turn my head away from.

Trying really hard not to let his stares affect me too much, I race into the kitchen and head for the broken mug pieces piled up on the floor.

"What are you doing?" San immediately asks as soon as I kneel, careful not to let the mug's shards dig into my skin.

I instinctively turn around to watch him. His eyes are trained on me, one eyebrow raised in questioning. I let out a nervous sounding chuckle.

"Bringing it back to life, I guess." In a swift movement I run my fingers over the surface of one of the shards, quickly muttering an easy formation spell I knew at the back of my head. A thin shadow casts its veil over the mug shards, and in less than a second the mug becomes whole again. I stand up with it in my hands, careful not to drop it.