09 • bro breakfast!

• • •

• • •

Wooyoung

It's lunch on Friday when Hongjoong suddenly pipes up, discarding what he'd been doing on his phone and trails a finger down his crimson hair, a bright grin on his face.

"Guys, guys -- Remember what's going on tomorrow?"

We're seated at one of the tables located inside the college's cafeteria. It was Mingi's idea to eat here today as we usually ate outside, and I knew he wanted to be here only because today's menu consisted of this type of pie that he really, really likes.

"What is?" Yunho looks up with a mouthful of food, and I have to chuckle. Doesn't matter whether he likes his food or not, the guy will eat anything.

Hongjoong rolls his eyes and stares at him with an exasperated look on his face, hoping that somehow Yunho will be able to read his mind due to him being part witch, but Yunho just continues giving him this lost look on his face.

San, who's seated right between Yeosang and I looks at me with one eyebrow raised, and I smile at him, just shaking my head.

Yeosang leans over and flicks Yunho's forehead. "It's Wooyoung's birthday tomorrow, idiot."

Yunho winces and immediately recoils back, glaring at Yeosang while rubbing the now reddened spot on his head. I can't even hold back my laughter any longer.

"Oh fuck, Wooyoung," he begins, "I'm so sorry."

"It's no biggie," I reply. Next to me I can spot San slightly fidgeting, unable to hide the surprise displayed on his wide eyes. The red in them matches overly well with the green oversized hoodie he's wearing. "It's no secret you're kinda terrible at remembering birthdays."

And it's true. Yunho's the worst at recollecting them. Sometimes he can't even remember the day of his own birthday when someone asks him about it.

"Yeah, you do suck at them," Mingi teases. He pokes Yunho's cheek, laughing when Yunho just smacks his hands off. "Hope you won't forget mine when the time comes."

"Yours is next year and isn't important enough for me to remember, dude," Yunho replies. His tone is harsh but there's a growing smile on his lips. It broadens when Mingi pouts.

"This is how I know you've been spending too much time with Yeosang lately," Mingi huffs. He points an accusing finger at my friend. "Yeosang, please do not contaminate him with your evil."

Yeosang scoffs, and, with a pinch of his thumb and index finger, a small fish appears out of nowhere, slides over to Mingi and starts to wriggle like it's angry, scaring the living daylights off of him.

Hongjoong looks so done with us while Yunho and I begin to cackle. San even cracks a bit of a smile.

"Oh my god. Yeo, stop it." Hongjoong sounds like a tired, disappointed mom.