16 • my promise!

• • •

• • •

Wooyoung

We don't hear anything from that Kangmin guy for the rest of the day. It's like he'd totally vanished altogether -- even Yeosang told me a few hours ago that he hadn't seen him enter their shared dorm since this morning.

And to be honest, it really worried me. And it still worries me, because why would he shapeshift into Jongho, get a forbidden book about Demons from the campus library, and ask San how he was under the pretence that he was one of our friends? Just what was he looking for?

"...Hey," a soft, pleasant voice enters my head at that moment. I look up from where I'm seated on the colour changing sofa, meeting San's muted red gaze, and all of a sudden, half of my worries melt away. Only he can do that, I discover. "You're thinking too much about this."

"I just -- " I start to ramble, the discomfort and unease I'm experiencing apparent in my voice. "I don't know this Jang Kangmin dude. He's just transferred here, yet he's already shapeshifted into Jongho and knows who you are. That's super freaking weird."

San keeps staring at me with a growing smile like I'm the cutest thing alive, and it messes with my train of thought until I ungraciously stagger out the rest of my sentences, my cheeks burning with embarrassment as a result.

"W-What?" I question, clearing my throat at the high-pitched sound. Now that I've paid attention to it, I realize San's gotten closer. Way closer. So close I can see the fine detail of his lustrous curved eyelashes, and the minimal freckles that dot his face like little stars. I gulp, darting my eyes away like a nervous admirer confronting their longtime crush.

Damnit, Wooyoung. You guys have already kissed like, more than once! Stop acting stupid. I want to facepalm myself as soon as I think those thoughts, because of course, San has probably already heard them.

My heart races, skipping too many beats to be healthy as San suddenly leans on my shoulder, face nestled on my warm neck. Oh my god. I feel like I'm gonna combust.

San giggles, and then guffaws out loud, shoving me further into the bottomless void of shame, even when I know I have no reason to feel that way. I just manage to fuck up and say dumb shit thrice as much whenever San's around.

"You mean 'your boyfriend'," San says with like, no warning at all. At my stunned, wide-eyed expression, he squawks, poking my possibly (or most likely one hundred percent) red hot cheeks. "Sorry -- that just came out of me. Ah, I should stop reading your thoughts, but I can't help it."

I look at him, forcing on my best nonchalant face. "It's whatever. I mean -- it's chill. Or cool. Whatever."

San grins, all crinkled eyes and dashing dimples, and fuck, I feel myself falling harder. He trails his hand down my wrist, causing a faint shiver to run down my back, and then lands it on my palm. I don't even have to think before we're intertwining our fingers.