11 • annoying voices!

fluff?

• • •

Wooyoung

I think I like him. Those five words repeat over and over in my head that I fear they'll linger in my mind forever. I think about it when we all return back to the college grounds, I continue to think about it when San and I enter our dorms, and I keep thinking about it when I lay on my bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

I don't have the guts to ask San about it, even when that voice in my head sounded suspiciously like his. But I had to wonder, who is 'him', and why did I have to hear those words in my head?

I sigh, turning over on my bed. The Wish Ball my mother gifted to me for today glows a faint maroon in the dark, which only proceed to remind me of San's eyes.

I groan and clench my eyes shut, because I really, really want to sleep, and all this thinking won't get me anywhere.

But alas, my brain, it seems, has other plans.

San can read minds, so maybe he's been reading yours this whole time, a part of me whispers. I turn again, trying to block my mind's words out.

But then again, San doesn't look like a guy who'd pry into other people's privacy like that, another voice argues. The grip I have over my pillow only tightens. This is one of the downsides of being a witch. Almost everything you say or do stems from magic. And oftentimes, my own thoughts have a mind of their own. It scares the hell out of me at times.

And other times, like now, it prevents me from getting a decent amount of sleep.

"Shut up," I whisper . But those voices continue to argue and bicker.

So...if Wooyoung can read San's mind, and San was possibly reading Wooyoung's mind the entire time...then maybe their minds are connected in some way, the first voice continues, and I slam the pillow over my ears to drown them out. It doesn't work.

Like I said before, San probably never read Wooyoung's mind at all. It's intrusive, and San seems too nice for that, the second voice answers back.

But who's the guy San's talking about? Voice One wonders.

Maybe it's Wooyoung. Maybe that's why Wooyoung heard San's voice in his head, because he's the one, Voice Two says.

My cheeks burn at those words, but before I can linger much on it, I grab my wand that's lying on the bedside table, and utter a spell that whisks those voices out of my head.

Two tiny Wooyoungs fly and flutter about, sulks on both of their little faces due to what I had done. I glare back at them, watching as they finally settle on my window sill, probably about to continue their discussion about San and I like the chatterboxes they are.