3 !

recap -

"since you're stuck on this plane, as i am, miss millie, would you care to join me for a moment? you surely do get breaks from your job, correct? care to spend it with me? i could use the company."

the young man tapped the seat next to him and looked up at the flustered flight attendant.

millie quickly looked back at sadie, who was smiling up at her while attending to a passenger.

millie sighed and gave him her response.

"sure, finn wolfhard."

"hey."

finn smiled down at the girl who kept her legs crossed and her fingers laced within eachother.

"hi."

she mumbled, staring down into her lap, occasionally switching her vision to the man with the brown eyes and cute lips.

"why are you going to london?"

millie choked, breaking the awkward silence.

"i'm a photographer and part-time musician. my band is based in london and we're meeting up to do a couple shows, and i'm capturing the process with my camera."

finn smiled, tapping the camera carrying case strapped to his hip.

"oh. that's interesting."

millie slightly smiled, still looking down at her feet.

"why are you a flight attendant?"

he asked, averting his attention completely on the girl.

millie bit at her lip for a moment, and then blurted our her response suddenly.

"paying for college. i take online classes during the flights. and i get to see the world."

finn nodded, waiting for more information.

"and meet new people."

she added.

finn smiled slightly.

"what are you majoring in?"

he asked the girl.

" psychology. behavioral psychology. i'm aiming to be some sort of mental doctor."

millie smiled slightly at her planned goal.

"and your minor degree?"

finn asked again.

"film. acting is my side passion, though i've only been in small , local musicals and such."

she smiled softly, seeing finn's face show interest in her life and her interests.

"are you in college?"

millie asked the young man.

"no. it's too expensive. and i don't need classes on how to improve my photos and how to improve my guitar handling. let me say that i am pretty talented."

finn cockily remarked, winking sarcastically.

"how old are you?"

millie asked suddenly, flustered at the man.

"twenty three."

finn answered, chuckling a bit at the question.

millie facepalmed herself for asking such a stupid question that she had figured out not even hours before.

"and you?"

finn asked curiously.

"eighteen."

millie blushed, her cheeks filling with color and her bottom lip found its way between her teeth.

"ah. a young, fair, and beautiful one. you're fresh out of high school, i'm assuming?"

finn asked a follow-up question.

"yes. pretty much. i graduated in may of this year, and i've been taking college classes that started last summer."

she replied.

"so your young, cute self wouldn't mind giving an older, experienced man like myself a chance at it, would you?"

finn chuckled, his response making millie clench up in certain places but loosen in others.

her cheeks burned.

even though it was a small five years of age difference , millie was still very much interested.

she physically had no response to that,

so she nodded quickly in nervousness.

finn ran his thumb across millie's jawline , as he smiled.

millie smiled cheekily through her bit lip.

finn's watch beeped 7:54 pm.

"oh, shit. my break is over. i'm sorry."

she quickly got up, looking behind her once more at the grinning man.

she smiled softly and quickly went back upfront.

finn's smile was constant on his face for what millie swore to be several hours afterwards.

july 17th, 2019
118 reads
41 votes
647 words

guys, follow my instagram and dm me! i want to get to know all of you :) i'll post story updates and ideas if enough of you follow me :) @lcve.iris

-cici xo

how did you like this chapter ?