4 !

recap -

finn's watch beeped 7:54 pm.

"oh, shit. my break is over. i'm sorry."

she quickly got up, looking behind her once more at the grinning man.

she smiled softly and quickly went back upfront.

finn's smile was constant on his face for what millie swore to be several hours afterwards.

finn woke up a few hours later, to the plane lowering in the sky, and millie's voice over the intercom.

she was announcing things that were apart of the regular routine , such as the current weather conditions, reminders, and transportation options.

the sun was slowly rising over the horizon of the earth.

he realized that london, england, was not far away.

his flight was ending.

what if he didn't see her again?

he knew it would be ending soon.

millie had a sense of disappointment that showed on her face.

her bright smile was obviously forced, and her eyes were focusing on the very back of the plane.

she couldn't bring herself to look at finn.

she knew it would be ending soon.

finn grabbed his bags in a hurry and made his way to the front, to the petite woman who was saying farewell to the guests on the plane.

he grabbed her hand in his and pulled her aside to the airplane staff's personal room.

"finn- what are you-"

she began to speak, but was cut off.

"millie. are you going on the next flight away to vancouver."

he asked desperately.

"no, i'm resting in london for a few days before i resume my job- why-"

she was cut off again.

"at least let me buy you tea before you fly back to vancouver and i won't see you again."

he took her hands into his, his voice cracking slightly.

"finn, i will see you again on your flight back to vancouver in 2 weeks."

she reassured him, though she didn't quite believe this would be the case.

"baby; you don't know this for sure. what if i'm on a different flight. what if-"

"finn."

this time, he was the one to be cut off.

by millie's lips softly grazing his own.

"i will see you again, finn."

finn's eyes softened, and his face was clenched together.

he was trying to hold in his tears, and fear filled his eyes, like the strange girl was slipping away from him at every moment.

"tea. tomorrow morning. lulu's cafe @ 7:30 am. text me."

she leaned in again and softly sucked on his lower lip.

he pulled her closer into a hug, pressing their chests together so that their hearts were touching.

his chest was heaving up and down, at a quick pace.

he began choking up.

she pulled away from the hug and placed a small paper in the palm of his hands, with her phone number on it.

"goodbye, finnie."

"goodbye, millie."

and with that, he turned and walked out of the tunnel of the airplane , to the airport ,
without looking back.

he would see her again.

july 17th 2019
129 reads
51 votes
480 words

i'm sorry this chapter is short!!! i didn't want to move too fast; i wanted to let the sadness linger :)

-xo cici