Chapter One

It was about 6:45 in the morning on a Saturday. Isobel Callahan was laying there in bed half asleep, trying to get a little more sleep when she heard someone parked outside with their loud music blaring. "Why would you blare that crap this early in the morning?" She said as she put her pillow over her head. She was due up for work at 7:00am. "Sure, what is 15 minutes less of sleep going to hurt?" she said in a sarcastic tone while she sat up and turned off her alarm clock. Isobel then walked over to the window to see exactly what was going on. She looked down at the car, and there sat a red mustang with tinted windows, that harbored a bunch of young teenagers who probably haven't even made it to their bed yet. She looked up at the dark clouds rolling in and the wind picking up. She had shut her window as soon as she noticed it started spitting rain, and then went to sit down at the end of her bed.

Isobel peered into her closet as her phone rang. She glanced down at her phone as it read "Detective Scott" Isobel leaned her head back, closed her eyes she then threw her head down at the thought of a case so early in the morning; she answered her phone.

"Callahan."

"Hey, it's Scott. Can you get over here to Main Street & 9th?"

"Yeah give me 10" Isobel replied as she stood up and walked into her closet then hung up.

Isobel looked through her clothes and grabbed an outfit then got dressed. In front of the mirror, Isobel had her long brown hair put up; she put on a peach long sleeve shirt and gray pants. As she walked out she grabbed her gun, keys, and her handbag. Isobel was one of the top detectives in the city. She was single, no kids, and loved her job. She had a rough childhood, but makes it through her cases.

"Main & 9th?" Isobel said as she drives looking at the street signs. "Ahh.... there you might be with the dead body." Isobel said as she pulls over to the side next to the ambulance and grabs her notepad. As Isobel gets out of the car, she walks over to the scene and Detective Scott lifts the caution tape for Isobel to come under.

"What do we have?" Callahan asked.

"21-Year-Old deceased male stab wounds to the back, no witnesses in the area, no cameras outside the building or in the building from what we can see, we are checking with street cameras and other cameras nearby," Scott replied

"Anyone I.D. the vic?" Callahan asked.

"His name is Wayne Taylor," Scott Replied.

Callahan inspected the victim and went around the crime scene to look for more evidence.

"The knife is over here under this rug. Have them collect this knife for prints to get an ID on the perp," Callahan replied while putting the rug back down and walking away.

Detective Gregory Scott followed Isobel as she walked back to her car.

"Yes?" Isobel said as she opened her door and looked at him.

"Have you had breakfast?" Scott replied.

"No, but I am not starving and can wait until later. Thank you for the offer, though." Isobel replied as she got in the car and drove to the Precinct.

As she arrived to the precinct Isobel got in the elevator, she pressed #3...

"Light up." she said. She hit it again...

"Well, maybe the light is burned out." She said while grasping the handles of her handbag tighter.. The elevator stopped at #2 and let a few officers on, of which press #3, it lights up.

"You light up for them," she says with a sarcastic tone. One officer replied, "Excuse me?"

"Oh, no.. This elevator has a love hate relationship with me. Especially my floor..number 3." Callahan said with an embarrassed tone while pushing up her sleeve to look at her watch.