Chapter Four

Callahan stepped out of Bridgette's room and leaned her back against the wall in the hallway. She looked down the hall for a quick second and then to the nurses' station to see the chaos amongst them. She rubbed her temples and closed her eyes for a few minutes while standing there remembering the neurotic cocky nurse.

While closing her eyes all she could hear was beeping of machines, nurses paging doctors over the P. A System, and cries of patients.

"Hey.." Scott said as he walked down the hall toward Isobel.

She opened her eyes and looked over her left shoulder down the hall.

"What are you doing here?" She said while continuing to watch him walk toward her

"Checking in on you. Making sure you are OK, you didn't answer my call." Scott replied while handing her a cup of coffee.

"That's weird," Isobel said as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket.

"It didn't even ring." Isobel said as she looks down at it and noticed that she had 3 missed calls from Detective Gregory Scott.

"I apologize, I turned it off, then forgot to turn it up when turned it back on.. while at Vic's Cafe or something..." she said as she dismisses the missed calls on her screen, and turns the volume back up.

Scott stands there holding his coffee cup, and he leaned one shoulder against the wall.

"Stop apologizing, you did what you had to do." Scott said while looking down at her, turning her volume up.

"How's the Vic?" Scott said while taking a sip of his coffee and putting one hand in the pocket of his black pants.

Isobel sighs and holds her coffee but does not drink it.

"She is doing okay, a little shook up as to be expected- not a rape case. But, we still need to pull Tim into questioning about Ashley; any word about the other employees?" Isobel said as she pushes her back away from the wall and walks toward the exit of the hospital.

"Still looking for information about the other employees," Scott said as he opened Isobel's door, and then got in on the other side.

Isobel started toward the precinct while thinking about this case. Scott kept glancing over at Isobel as she drove. He was clueless about how she could keep going after such an incident, but it was miraculous... her motivation.

Isobel drove around the parking structure. "You're missing a few spots." Scott said.

"Ugh." she said as she felt scatter brained.

"You just missed another" Scott said as he pointed behind his shoulder, watching 3 more spots pass by.

"All right, we can park up in the clouds. I don't mind walking all the way from China," Scott said as he reclined his seat and closing his eyes.

Isobel saw a car backing out and took that parking spot. She pulled in and turned off the car. Looking to the right of her she saw Scott reclined back in the seat. She took her notebook and whacked him on the shoulder. He jolted up. "We're space." Isobel said while unbuckling. Scott unbuckled and got out. While walking down the parking structure, Scott kept leaning back trying to avoid the downhill incline. "This is an intense; Great Wall of China now isn't it?" Scott said while looking over at Isobel. "Yeah well, right up there is an elevator to help you along your journey." Isobel said with gesturing to the elevator with a file in her hand.

While finally making it to the elevator, Isobel pressed 3, she leaned up against the railing. She closed her eyes for a few minutes. Scott looked over at Isobel...